بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Guitar Freak

CNBLUE has 4 members as all know. All four have their own Twitter account (all except Yonghwa-sama are on Instag) and their handle are as follow:

@JYHeffect
@MentalShin (@leejungshin91 on Instag)
@MR_KANGGUN
@cnbluegt

The first three handles at first glance reflect the owner individually except for the last one. It's Jonghyun's. The first time I saw it, it kept me puzzled what gt stands for. Why not jh? The closest gt I could think of was Son Goten (haha) but Minhyuk-kun is the otaku among them, not Jonghyun.

Until I came across FT Island's guitarist's account (Jonghoon) by accident. His Twitter handle was @FtGtJH. Ft was of course a nod to his band. JH was his initials and there's that Gt again.

And it clicked. Gt stood for guitar(ist).

Haru: That's like the default handle for the band's guitarist. So what? If CNBLUE changes guitarist, is Jonghyun going to give up the handle?

Me: No.. It means he's CNBLUE's guitarist for good.

You can see Yonghwa-sama's world domination aim from his handle (the effect part dude. With his talent and mindset, he really is going to go far.). You can see Jungshin's playfulness from his. You can see Minhyuk's nice-guy personality from his.

But Jonghyun's.. It was like a pledge to be CNBLUE's guitarist for the rest of his life. It's like Lee Jonghyun equals CNBLUE's guitarist, that being the band's guitarist was the definition of his existence (lol this is too much, probably just his social media account).

That guitar freak. And such admirable loyalty. He really love the guys like his family in his subtle macho way.

---

Psychiatry paper is over. I should be analysing Surgery instead of this, or the political play in Kasr el Ainy.

1 comment:

Haru said...

It goes to show I'm more an otaku and a doc-to-be than I am a Boice.

Haru & Associates