A friend asked me about my graduation plan. When I told her my family is coming, she asked me whether I will go back to Malaysia for good together with them.
My answer shot out immediately with a frown. "No way! There's still so much to do here!"
She chuckled and said she would. I didn't comment because I know she was the dependent type of people. But God, shameless.
---
The most important thing to do as a Kasr el Ainy graduate before I go back for good is to make sure the official documents I need for my registration for work in Malaysia are completed by then and tie up every batch projects we have. Usually the documents are settled by few representatives from the batch and I know there are people in my batch who are selfless and will organise and make things easier for everyone else.
(Ps: Mind you, I am talking in context of a Kasr el Ainy graduate, not inclusive of other posts each of us may hold in Egypt.)
But for how long are we going to keep imposing on them like that? They don't owe us that, they're not getting paid, they do what they do out of sincerity and may Allah protect them and bless them endlessly. They grow their interpersonal skills and mature their character as a contributing member of the society, but what about us in the receiving end?
To go about my own personal pleasure pursuit and to keep relying on them feels too irresponsible for me. We're soon to be doctors already, how long are we going to be accepting instead of contributing? As I accept people's kindness, I ask myself what kindness have I done or can do for them. They contributed to our batch and I benefitted, but what have I done to contribute to the batch and benefit others back?
The worst thing is that it's always the same old people who handle these things and you have to admit, this problem is more prominent with the males. I feel ashamed of myself everytime that happened. For God sake, we have around 40 guys and 60 girls in our batch!
We have projects apart from settling the official documents, namely The Yearbook and The Graduation Dinner and I'm sure there are other loose ends I am unaware of. Let's do our best together.

No comments:
Post a Comment