Boss asked for assistance from any "kind and hardworking HO" and since I am, I went to where he was and sauntered casually towards him. Greeted Wong next to him and asked what were they doing. Wong called me to take his place so I did.
Apparently he was preparing slides for Radio Conference. Hmm. I have my own slide to make and Mr. Ken will be disappointed if I keep withholding it. But anyway, I went through the opened document.
I asked him what was the slides for. He said he was presenting for Radio Conference.
"Oh ye? Sam pun. Semalam diorang pas kerja ke kitorang and Sam volunteered. Diorang siap bagi BHT dan slides."
"Eh ye? Saya tak nak redundant. Siapa yang suruh?"
"Dr. Azihan suruh Syamida. Syamida cuti so dia passover ke budak Black."
While he cleared the issue with Sam, I went through his slides. Typo here and there.. I automatically corrected them and pointed it out to my sheepish boss.
I glanced at him. Yup, he looked like the sloppy kind of person who look after his appearance, his meals and his work. But not so everything else.
I told him I'm particular about typos because I was an editor for our student society in Egypt.
"Oh. Editor ape?"
"Saya start jadi wartawan, lepas tu jadi editor. So saya la yang edit berita persatuan kitorang."
"Oh."
"Macam Nasrullah, dia geng Grafik. Dia terror la bab tu."
"Oh camtu. Sama group usrah dengan Nasrullah ke? Geng budak jurus mesti ada usrah."
"Nasrullah join usrah?" I laughed knowingly. He doesn't look that type. I don't know if he changed after graduating, but most guys don't.
"ISMA ke ape dah?"
"ISMA? Tak tak, bukan.."
I already answered him one time ago that I am with IKRAM but apparently he doesn't remember. I guess our conversation is not important to him, I'd rather not repeat myself.
"Doktor join usrah ape?" Because it takes one to know one.
"PAS.."
"I see." I know he is neither IKRAM nor ISMA (ikhwah ISMA tak perangai camtu).
"Tapi saya tengah futur sekarang." He laughed.
"Futur? Kahwin la." I suggested jokingly. I am an advocate of marriage as a source of problems and never a solution. Haha.
"Nak kahwin kena dengan yang satu fikrah," he replied.
Weird response. If it were me I'd shoot back "lol kahwin menambah masalah ade la."
Ramai muslimat PAS kan? He's a doctor and a looker, it can't be that hard unless he's choosy. As always I didn't look at him when I'm holding conversation but I felt like his tone was rather strained. Did he have someone who isn't of the same fikrah and thus conflicted or was he having a hard time adapting to that point of view?
"Tak semestinya satu kapal kan." Sefikrah memang penting and I agree on the notion, tapi yang paling asas adalah saling menguatkan dan membina. Takde la sampai menolak jodoh kalau dah ada. We can never tell about our steadfastness, don't make a good thing hard to do.
"Ramai tak jadi camtu."
"Oh saya refer kepada orang-orang lama," I was thinking of Dr. Nik Mazian, Dr. Ahmad Sabri... I felt like I need to console him but this is a matter best discussed between him and his naqib.
But anyway, there's no work for me here. Let's go do what I should. Plan/ 1) KIV console Dr. H later. 2) Do PM review now.
"Tak jadi la buat slide kan? Bye." I stood up and went to do PM review. He should know I'm the type to up-and-leave by now.

1 comment:
Next time remember to ask "why", analyse a complaint before offering a solution.
Post a Comment