I remembered a branula I failed to insert last night that I informed the nurse and documented in the BHT that I will attempt later, closer to the time of the patient's next dose of IV antibiotics. Kak Nafisah was the nurse in charge, so I ran towards her.
"Kak! Saya tak pasang lagi branula Bed 27." I wondered why she didn't remind me or call me. No call came in to remind me and I was asleep at 4am.
"Hmm patient dah habis masuk ubat dah."
"Eh sape pasang?"
"Akak."
"Waah awesomenya akak! Terima kasih!" I hugged her. Hahahahaha. She is also a senior staff nurse U32 and one of my favourite four.
"Doktor kena belanja nasi kerabu."
"Nasi kerabu je kak? Minta la Secret Recipe ke.. Noodle Station sedap!"
---
Nasri messaged me then asking about patient's update. He kept asking about the acute bed who is currently well but I wanted to report to him of Bed 9. So I ditched his messages after answering all his questions and directly called him. He picked up later after five rings. I wondered why since he just replied my message so his phone should be in his hand. I realised the answer when he picked up.
"Ye Tiqah?" He greeted with sore morning croak. Hahaha seronok ye tidur semalam. He spent the entire phonecall clearing his throat with me grinning into the receiver.

No comments:
Post a Comment