I was working on the first day of Eid Adha. Second day of Eid I had the day off and the only raya visiting I did was to Wa's aqiqah for her baby Busyra in Wakaf Bharu. Third day of Eid I was oncall and it was fun. For some reason so far I am enjoying my calls despite little sleep and the stress and all. I still find it to grin, laugh and goof around.
Anyway, that day one of my oncall MOs was Dr. H. During round he asked me "Atiqah korban tak tahun ni?"
I chuckled back. "Saya kerja raya first."
"Bagus la, berkorban la tu. Berkorban ada banyak cara."
"Yeah.. Saya mengorbankan diri." I muttered jokingly at that notion. I didn't exactly feel sacrificed, it wasn't hard for me to come to work on a day where we celebrate sacrifices.
He continued saying it is not how big or small you're contributing but whether you're sincere or not. Now as I am writing this, I forgot his exact words and partially remembered his points, but I remember thinking he is a good person and I felt glad to be given a piece of tazkirah. I'd take one anytime these days.
Yesterday at usrah Kak Joy said similar things. What is important is not how much you give, but how much is left for yourself. A man giving RM9000 away and be left with RM1000 is different from a man who gave away RM90 and left with RM10.
I do things, I work but I don't know... Is it hard? Ward work isn't hard. I somewhat avoid my MOs who make me feel awkward and stick around with MOs who give me earfuls. I dislike clinic duties especially on my postcall days and OT duties sometimes bore me. I am lazy to study when I get home...
So I guess those are the mujahadah I need to work on.
But the biggest question: how much percent of my energy, money and time have I contributed to tarbiyah and dakwah?

No comments:
Post a Comment