It will be vain of me to think Dr. Omar labelled me as a troublemaker, but I think he has been addressing me with a slight "this little punk" glare these days. Maybe he still has that grudge from when I troubled him with two referrals in one day and when I yelled at him in the OT, not to mention when I thoughtlessly made him look bad by attempting to do something he physically was unable to. But otherwise I have been following his orders correctly.
Today in the clinic Dr. Hafiz was patiently teaching me the ropes. He was a contrast from Mr. Z who would pace around and greet patients in his booming voice. Past noon Dr. Omar showed up from his next room and addressed me with his I'm-trying-to-look-annoyed face.
"Awak," he called. Like I was a vermin. I have a name, you.
I gave him the same look he gave me while I typed in the computer for Dr. Hafiz. "Dr. Omar. Amende."
I don't talk to him like I would to a superior. I prefer to annoy him ever so slightly, or not to take him seriously at all. Actually this is how I talk with fellow ikhwahs.
"Saya nak pinjam houseman sekejap."
I snorted. "Kenapa?"
"Saya nak pergi ED tengok kes torsion testes. Awak boleh tolong ambil date untuk PCNL patient saya? Tuliskan dalam discharge dia sekali."
I hesitated because I was in Dr. Hafiz's clinic and thus my boss. He should dismiss me first before I could even go to pee, let alone help this punk. "Saya tengah tolong Dr. Hafiz."
"Biar la Hafiz buat sendiri. Tolong saya jap."
I looked at my MO expectantly. He gave me the go.
"Okay." I got up obediently. Dr. Omar disappeared back into the adjacent room. But as I got up Dr. Hafiz told me to get the date for TURP for our patient as well. Okay.
---
Favour asked done, discharge note printed, jap apsal buku biru ni macam kosong?
"En. Mohamad, tadi Dr. Omar ada menulis dalam buku biru ni tak?"
"Takde," the patient said.
"Selamba betul mamat ni," I laughed and went writing.
---
I was back in my seat writing clinical notes for Dr. Hafiz's patients. Dr. Omar popped into the room and asked,
"Dah dapat tarikh PCNL?"
"Dah," I answered shortly, busy typing.
"Discharge note?"
"Dah siap." Of course la. He disappeared back into the room.
---
Klinik habis. MO semua pergi the next room. Jap, serius la kan aku boleh balik wad dah kan? I went to Dr. Hafiz to confirm. I got his go and I thanked them.
"Atiqah, Dr. Omar nak belanja awak makan."
"Boleh jugak, terima kasih." I smiled my professional smile politely. We all know that was a farce.

1 comment:
Dr. Omar has treated me to breakfast x2 and maybe dinner x1. Not sure he or Dr. Mus footed the bill that time in Cherang. Dr. Mus treated me to supper x2. I owe these people.
Post a Comment