There was a fire at one of the Malaysian students' house in Mansoura today. I read the news earlier today but only when Epul tagged me in the comment did I realise whose house it was.
Being a fellow fire survivor myself, I messaged one of the victims with words of encouragement. Tips and basically The Things I Wished Someone Would Told Me When My House Was On Fire.
And then I apologized for being so random, but I hope it will help them.
PTSD is real, folks. It'll take a while for it to really go away from latching on your nerves. Mine probably was longer because I discovered the fire and my initial reaction to the fire was abnormal for a girl, kah3.
Few days ago I somehow told Ayad what I felt about the whole fire ordeal and his response was so annoying I regretted it immediately, silently cursed his lack of tact and wondered why the hell I breached the subject before quickly dropping the subject.
That's probably one of the driving force for me to PM the victim herself; so that they will hear something relevant.

1 comment:
I'd the experience of being in a super chaotic elevator. It shook and made sounds like, hmmm. Arghh. I never want to imagine it anymore. Scary nak mati. Macam gempa bumi, and storm and lightning struck on me altogether. I was alone with a pakcik. Omg, reading your post makes me so sad. I hope nobody will ever experience that kegoncangan lif in their life, not even once.
Post a Comment