Since I complained about the dentist in my previous posts, I might as well complete the chronology here.
So today I went for my 5pm appointment and was directly ushered in. He asked me if I was "ready for the fight". I thought he meant my final exam but apparently he meant my refilling.
"I suppose." God, these dentists can smell fear.
"Good girl. Okay let's go!"
Bwahaha I really am a paediatric patient.
It was done in 5 minutes. It was quick and I was left blurred.
"That's it?"
"That's it." He grinned at me.
Being distrustful of dentists as I am, I wondered what was the catch. I asked him if I can eat and brush my teeth tonight and he affirmed. I paid LE150 to his secretary and went back.
I WhatsApped my bro because he was keen to follow me up. He's a good brother. So I told him he did my teeth using the white filling ("composite") and that it wasn't high.
And I noticed he filled the gap between teeth. I can see the filling from the side of the gap. I sort of thought he would do so, since he said something about space during my first visit.
Bro sweatdropped. He said it wasn't supposed to be done like that. I should get a refilling because it was "anatomically incorrect".
In Orthopaedic for certain types of fracture, we are allowed a certain degree of acceptable reduction if we fail anatomically. "What's the complications?"
"Food gets underneath the filled gap, might ruin the filling in the long run."
"Ah and I'd be in trouble."
So that's the catch. Huh.
At this point, I was already distrustful of them* and had already resigned my fate to these dentists, so I was not at all miserable at this news. Although I was a bit peevish for the LE150 spent, I could buy a Zara tshirt with that. And I'm not sure if I'd be eating as normal as I would until I go back to Malaysia to have my tooth anatomically filled. I barely chewed my dinner tonight and was already craving TGI's steak.
Bro said he is "geram" to refill my tooth for me and I really think going to Sibu to have my tooth filled is a brilliant idea. Or let's hope Bro gets transferred back to KB by March.
---
* the only dentists I will trust and not hate are Bro, Timah, Dr. Burhan and Dr. Rosdi. I will run away from others!

No comments:
Post a Comment