بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"..all the souls that will die just to feel alive."

Among the patients we met in the first day of our Group 2B internship was this adult male with history of gunshot wound to the abdomen resulting in a teared rectum complicated by burst abdomen. He had an end ileostomy done.

We're supposed to be good observants and good descriptors, but when I saw his abdomen, I can only describe it as.. ugly.

Huh.

The abdomen was scaphoid and in the midline there was 20 by 20cm scar that was so thin I could see the underlying intestinal movement. I nearly thought it was a weird graft of some sort. There was a huge hernia underneath it and was that bilateral inguinal hernia I thought I saw? Plus the ileostomy on the left iliac fossa and a mucous fistula above it.

Anyway, my point is it was ugly. And I can't sleep and instead of studying, I spent the last 4 hours watching Kekkaishi haha.

No comments:

Haru & Associates