Today was rather crazy.
I need to see the dentist but when I wanted to shower later in the morning, the water supply was out. So I went to Umair's. Pait said they were going to Ya Halla after Asar and invited me. I agreed as I've never been there and it could be a potential place to bring my family later, so I thought I would study now, go to Ya Halla with them and then go to the dentist. As a first timer, I don't have an appointment so I can come anytime until he closes at 11pm. Along already messaged me asking what did the dentist say about my teeth.
We ordered three servings of meat and cheese samosa (the cheese was good. I ate at Abou Shakra or somewhere that used some sour cheese that didn't fancy my palate), lamb kabsah (I shared with Ume but the damned girl only ate 1/3 it was a pain to finish the dish), lamb briyani and chicken kabsah with lisan asfour soup and curry chicken to moisten up. I liked my kabsah as it is, it was moist enough for me so I went without the soup nor curry. The curry however tasted nothing like Malaysian nor Indian curry and quickly fell off the girls' favour.
We prayed Maghrib at the big mosque near the roundabout. The five of us went to Alfa Market nearby as Ume wanted to buy "exotic groceries". Anah Hilmi and Huda were having dinner at the nearby Spectra so we thought why not we go meet them and have dessert there.
The five of us went there and we played with Huda while waiting to be seated. Luckily we were seated beside them and Hilmi shared a piece of Hickory Smoked Ribs with us (that I finished) while we waited for our order to come. We only wanted to crash Anah and have dessert but the waiter said we need to order a minimum of LE250 and apparently our four drinks, two appetizers and one dessert only amounted to half of that, so Iema ordered a whole cake to take away.
The Brownies On Ice was so good I forgave them for making my Turkish coffee bitter, haha. We were crazy stuffed and high on carbohydrate, protein and sugar and learned that we shouldn't do two restaurants in one night. Iema had her Rheumatology end round exam tomorrow and the rest of us still have two exams to go.
"What's with this craziness? What are we celebrating tonight?" Kah3.
I don't know what happened but suddenly the topic turned to who's-marrying-who. Hilmi and Anah supplied all the latest gossip from the male side while us girls poked fun at said guys, haha. One of our close friends' name popped up and caught us by surprise because he didn't even tell Ume about it. Anah then asked:
"Sape kat sini takde calon lagi?"
"Saya! Saya!" I raised my hand.
"Hana nak Dr. Iqbal?"
Is this how a matchmaking works? "Sape tu?"
"Kawan Kak Ummu," Ume supplied with a big smile. Kak Ummu is Anah's big sis and apparently Ume knew this guy. "Dia baik, lembut.."
As she said this I stared at her stupidly. If he's so "baik" take him yourself la why are you promoting him to me?
"Hana nak tak?" Anah asked.
I only answered her earlier question as a fact, not to signify I want to meet anyone. Plus she can't expect me to say anything when all I know is his name. So I told Anah this and Ume said "Ala berkenalan la dulu."
"Aku tak nak pun berkenalan dengan sesape."
"Hana nak kahwin dengan nelayan," Ume told Anah. I thought she was going to say foreigner, because that was the latest ideal I told her about. "Hilmi hang kenal dak nelayan? Ada bot.."
Hilmi who was following our conversation silently nodded with a queer small smile. I have no idea how to interpret this.
"Kenapa Hana nak kahwin dengan orang ada bot? Sebab Kelantan banjir ke?"
I laughed so hard at Anah's statement and Ume used that opportunity to leak to Hilmi that I once planned to propose to a guy in our batch, which made me laughed harder. Truthfully I was only joking, I am not that shallow as to decide on such superficial ideals to settle down and I really hope the joke stayed within us and not reach the guy because people will definitely make fun of him then. And I sure hope Hilmi makes no further move because I still have business to settle with that guy.
But who cares, it'd be more fun if the guy gets all awkward while I maintain my cool facade when I deal with him, as I do with all guys out of my circle.
Hilmi said the guy is available and the girls proceeded to make fun of me, cooking up funny reasons why I suit that guy. It was really crazy. Why the hell were we acting so weird in public? Haha.
And then I went to the dentist where misery didn't end.

No comments:
Post a Comment