بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Stay away from wuss

I only argue with people I like or care about. I call them Friends of varying degree. Otherwise, unless it's a death or life matter, I will not bother to argue or correct people. I am ignorant most of the day and have deficient patience for people. To make my life easier, I have endorsed "stupid people are stupid" as fact, so unless it hurts people, I let them be.

When it comes to friends or people I acquainted with, I treat them differently according to their personality and my closeness with them. You're either not in my radar or I am nice to you. On first meeting I am polite but reserved, I mainly observe to collect enough data to correctly identify how best to interact with them. I try to be accommodating to people because in my opinion it's not fair to impose my craziness with every single member of the general population. I try my best not to impose on people.

I thought I did well categorising people, until today.

It was a small matter, but she said something that was in my opinion opposite a fact and since she was categorised under Close Friends, I corrected her. But she was relentless and repeated the same wrong fact.

(Actually, she was probably right and I was wrong.)

I corrected her for the second time with a frown and made the final hand gesture. "End of story," I raised my voice.

"Can you speak nicely? Why are you raising your voice?" Her tone was harsh.

"Because you were wrong," I said matter of fact.

"I don't like it. Why are you always not talking nicely?"

I thought she was joking, because this wasn't the first time I raised my voice with her. Yes, it's not polite and I don't raise my voice with everyone. Heck, I don't even argue with everyone. But we've been Close Friends for a long time and this is how I am with her. So what was this? I was silent as she ranted but then she continued:

"You're always not talking nicely. I've always wanted to say this, since a long time. Can't you talk nicely?"

Wthell? At the beginning of us being close, I declared that "I am polite with others but I'm harsher with several, including you. Because we're close." And you agreed and okayed it! What are you bringing up now!

Haru interrupted. Maybe this is an advice. We raised our voice anyway.
Me: But we just finished dessert, and there are six others around us. What kind of advising setting is this?

She looked angry. She gets like this when she goes into her Melancholic mode which relative to me, is basically a wuss. It was my fault for treating her like a Close Friend. My mistake. I'm recategorising her under People.

"Okay," I said in finality. I grabbed a nearby cupcake and finished it. She went to the kitchen and locked herself in her room.

Ah.. I forgot I wrote a post about her. She is (imho) a known wuss. I wondered why I didn't properly learn my lesson then.

No comments:

Haru & Associates