بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Irreconcilable differences

It's all fun and games until we start getting philosophical, and that's where our differences start. I've long decided to never back down when people, especially him, imply any insult to my faith, so I got too defensive tonight. Even resorted to ignoring when he rationalised his stand. Which isn't much in my opinion. You can't really rationalise yourself out of a conceptual problem.

I'm stubborn and I'm reacting like a girl.

If he was a random person I barely know, I wouldn't have given much thought and will settle with "people have differences". Instead, I got riled up because he's someone I'm very close to and it made me wonder why am I so close to someone with a huge gap between our principles. Are we only best friends until just that? If we can't deal with deep stuffs, doesn't that makes us superficial?

If we want to maintain peace, I'd never breach a topic that will end in this kind of situation. I will let him speak his opinion but I will barely listen to it, let alone share mine, because it will definitely rile me up. But just how long can you mingle together while maintaining ignorance?

Instead of staying over like I initially intended, I ended up walking back to my place even though it was close to midnight. Not smart safety-wise but it was better than staying. I can't live in that kind of situation, not now.

Obviously I need a better grasp at managing differences because I can already imagine myself walking out on my spouse.

No comments:

Haru & Associates