بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

This is tough

So I was editing some stuffs for our batch graduation book and needed to do a lot of cross-checking. I was in my Ortho class waiting for the doctor and turned to bother Chip who was studying.

"Chip I need help. I need one interesting fact about X."

He took on a thinking pose. "He's one of the well-off guys we have in our batch." Wow wouldn't have guessed that, his appearance seemed funky casual average to me. I wondered what his dad do for a living. "His dad has a keropok-lekor-making business."

I dropped my notebook. "What? Keropok lekor? Why didn't you tell me earlier!! We're already in our final year!"

Chip was stunned and leaned backwards into his seat, sort of like bracing himself should I suddenly attack him. "How should I know!" He laughed.

"I love keropok lekor!" By now everyone stopped studying and had their attention on me. "This would be the first close acquaintance I have who relates to the keropok business, and I missed all those years to bully keropok lekor from him! Argh!"

"But Hana, I live next to a keropok store," Wani pointed out.

"Yeah and I bullied keropok from you multiple times, right. But imagine this keropok lekor guy.. That's it! I'm proposing to him!"

They all laughed at me.

"Hey I'm serious. I did want to marry a fisherman. This is close enough. Imagine living by the sea, eating keropok lekor every evening.."

"Let me know if you need help proposing to him," Chip offered with a great big smile.

"Thanks Chip. I'll do my best!"

---

The next day in class, I told Umair who was absent yesterday about my plan to propose.

"X's dad has a keropok lekor business? I knew that a long time ago."

"What the hell WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL MEE?"

"I didn't know you like keropok lekor. You love keropok, right?"

I nearly throttled her. "WHY YOU CALL YOURSELF MY BEST FRIEND? I love keropok lekor the most!"

"Okay okay go propose now."

"But I'm not ready to be rejected when he figures out I want to marry him because of his dad."

"Hmm." She then changed the subject.

No comments:

Haru & Associates