بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

"You are a wiseman before you are a doctor."

Dr. Tarrek Kaddah our anaesthetist nice guy asked me in our revision class before the Anaes end round exam. "You have an old lady in the OT. She hid an xray on her back and pulled it out before you can touch her. She told you to take a look at this xray that she took 40 years ago or she wouldn't let you touch her. What would you do?"
"Humour her." I answered. "It's just an xray and she's an old lady."
Dr. Tarek smiled. "You are very kind. I wasn't. I told her that the xray is so old, taken when she was a beautiful young lady. But nicely, of course.
But she still refused to let me do my job. She said her doctor gave her the xray 40 years ago and made her promise to never let an anaesthetist touch her before he take a look at the xray. So I agreed and took the xray.
I pulled the film out and written across the film in block letters as big as possible was SUCCINYL CHOLINE APNEA."
Dr. Tarek finished his story with a twinkle in his eyes and the class took a moment to awe at that doctor from 40 years ago.
At the beginning of the class, Dr. Tarek told us that "you are a wiseman before you are a doctor." And that doctor from the story clearly live out to that.

No comments:

Haru & Associates