It's hot and worsening my sleeplessness and I'm not supposed to make a sound so let me tell you about my day today.
---
I woke up at my alarms (alarms!) for my 7am class, but I thought of Dr. Hussein and how much a disappointment I am to myself and his ideology, so I went back to sleep. Bad move, bad bad move.
I woke up for my 9am class and decided I'm going to get myself a person who will kick me to get up. Literally.
---
Went to Ortho. Dr. Abo Bakr Zeid announced that the exam will be next Sunday and we all looked at each other. Wani spoke up saying her flight will be on Sunday.
"Okay. Saturday."
Turned out Haziq's flight will be on Friday. Lulz.
"Do we have other options?" We negotiated.
He grinned and I have to say Dr. Abo Bakr has nice facial and body structure, with that kind of evil-trying-to-be-nice grin, he reminded me of one of those pseudo-clean Mafia guys. The second Don Corleone. I like. "Saturday or Sunday."
"But our friend has to catch a flight on Friday. Can we please have the exam on Thursday?"
Doc wanted to press because he was inconvenient for Thursday and he kept scrolling his phone for his schedule. The secretary came and asked how he was doing, what's the issue. He told her.
The secretary was a proper old lady of authoritative aura and functional sharp gaze laced with motherly love. She called him "habibi" and told him off, let the kids have their exam on Thursday.
Like every good Egyptian sons, he agreed. She grinned at us victoriously. We grinned back.
She left the room. Doc turned to us. "The full mark is supposed to be 20, but because of this the highest mark I shall give is a 15. Because I am inconvenient."
Hewhew. 5 marks off everybody to let Haziq a chance at his full mark. Why not.
"It's Ramadan, doctor," Ume negated. "Please be kind."
Nah he's not serious.......... Right?
---
Class ended. We rushed to our 11.30 Surgical Skill Lab for our Trauma course. Turned out class was postponed to 12.30 so I went to Qoh and asked her to kindly teach me the things I missed from Dr. Hussein. She opened her notes and welcomed me.
I was so grateful I could cry. "I miss his class and pester his student to teach me instead. I'm a failure."
She soothed me and taught me pilonidal sinus and hemorrhoids.
---
12.30pm and Trauma started. It ended at 4pm. I rushed out of the class with Project Spring Rolls for Syak in mind. Ume stopped me, motioning secretively to Rohim who was facing her.
Oh yeah, Operation Prez. I nearly forgot.
I turned to Rohim and with no preamble, "What's your ride to class today?"
I don't really casually talk to him, and there I was suddenly asking suspicious things. He looked weirded out but humoured me anyway. Such a pure unsuspecting guy, no wonder he was our prez.
"My bike," he answered.
"Where did you park it?"
"Behind Physio building-"
"Okay bye."
I made a dash for it before he suspect anything, trusting Umair to hold him off and to follow me fast.
Some guys were heading towards the bike park area. I saw his red bike which Hilmi was striding, what was he doing?
"Move it guys, why is Hilmi on Rahim's bike. I need to take a picture. Umair, hurry."
They were all weirded out.
"Hilmi is borrowing Rahim's bike, he's going to exchange dollars in Manial," Atan kindly explained, grinning at us weird girls.
"Hilmi, park the bike here please," I instructed. "Here, here. Okay get off please." He backed off. "Umair hurry, touch his bike."
"Like this?" Umair with one finger.
"No." What's one finger going to prove? "Use your thenar.. I mean like you're going to palpate it."
Pics taken. "K thanks guys, bye."
I left the scene.
---
The day hasn't ended yet, but I'm bored writing. Vamos.

No comments:
Post a Comment