بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

That's what you call an alarm

I was laying around in my makeshift bed, sleepless as usual. I should get up for sahur sooner. Suddenly a kitten cried out out of nowhere and I automatically shot up straight and dropped my Note in the process. A kitten in trouble, where? We need to save it.

That's when I remembered the kitten cry was that of my 2am alarm.

"Idiot," I grinned, reaching for my handphone and shut the alarm off. Such excessive reaction to a kitten cry.

I think ever since Chigu snagged his feet during sleep in the middle of the night years ago, I have become sensitive to animal crying. I kinda blame myself because I heard a shrill cry that night and immediately ran out of the house towards the rabbit cage (rabbits are silent and docile creatures, when they scream you know it means a catastrophe), but I didn't see anything amiss. There were other rabbit adults and babies sleeping and I didn't know who rang the alarm.

If I had been more observant, maybe I could have saved Chigu's limb. Maybe. Though I doubt the vet had such prowess in microscopic limb re-attachment.

No comments:

Haru & Associates