بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

My blood type is M

Sunday the first day of Ortho, I came at 9am and Dr. Abo Bakr arrived at 10.45am.

Monday I came at 9.30am and Dr. Ahmed Khitb arrived at 10.40am.

Tuesday I came at 10.30am and Dr. Ahmed arrived at 10.35am.

So on Wednesday the 9th July, I set out at 10.05am and walked to class. Halfway to college I checked my messages and noticed Wani announced the doctor had arrived at 9.35am.

I ran and arrived at 10.15am.

"Doctor," Dr. Mohamad Abdel Wahed addressed me. "Because you are late, you will be punished."

"Of course," I grinned. "Sorry for being late."

"You and your friends," he gestured to Chip and Haziq, "will take photographs of all these xrays. And then send it to me."

"Okay."

He then told me to take a seat at the very front of the class.

Class was dismissed at 11 and we said we would finish the xray in half an hour because we have Vascular class at 12, so we worked as fast as we could. I put the xray up against the light board while Chip snap the picture and then I place it back on the table and on to the next film. Repeat for 50 xrays.

It was very lenguh. We were practically bullied by our assistant lecturer, hahah. But I had fun. I hardly get punished nowadays so I appreciate some disciplinary action now and then. To me Dr. Mohamad was refreshing.

My blood type is definitely M.

And I learned my lesson. Egyptian generally doesn't respect time, but I have to because it's the right thing to do taught by our religion and exception exists (eg: case named Dr. Ahmed Elshenoufy). 

So today, for his class with him, evrryone was present by 9.15am. Dijah and Qoh even excused themselves early from Dr. Hussein's class to make it to Ortho by 9am. And guess what. Dr. Mohamad arrived at 10.10am.

Egypt really is expectedly unexpected. Hahaha.

He arrived to class and immediately announced "I'm sorry. This time I must be punished."

I laughed and turned to Umair. "Let's have him pose chin lifted and a pistol sign under his chin."

---

Dr. Mohamad: What do you love about Egypt?
Me & Dijah: Everything!
Dr. Mohamad: (disbelieved look) Okay what do you hate about Egypt?
Me: It's too hot when it's hot.
Dijah: And it's too cold when it's cold.
Dr. Mohamad: Just the weather?
Me: Aaand the blackouts.
Dr. Mohamad: What's a blackout?
Me: The power shortage.
Dr. Mohamad: Ah. What about the people? The people are bad! Me and my colleagues, we all want to leave Egypt.
Me: Yeah but we have great doctors and lecturers. The hospital staffs are all nice. They are kind to us.
Dr. Mohamad: (nodding gratefully) Thank you, thank you.
Dijah: We don't have that kind of lecturers in Malaysia. That kind of enthusiasm to teach us.
Dr. Mohamad: (grinned) You will become that doctor.
Me & Dijah: Allahumma ameen.

No comments:

Haru & Associates