The third day in the department, Nisa and I went to sign our attendance and suddenly Madam Shaheen the secretary asked, "Do Malaysians marry Egyptians?"
I squirmed and answered as elusive as I could. "Erm no because our families are in Malaysia and international marriage is tough."
Questions like this really make me feel bad. The guys who signed their names after us snickered despite me looking back at them pleading for assistance. They seemed happy to have us take one for the team, Zizou even laughed a "sudah la~" at us.
I wanted to dismiss myself and run without looking back, but she held us back. "Is there a case where Malaysian marries an Egyptian? Male or female?"
"Yes there are of course," this answer will expose myself to deeper trouble, but I don't know how to lie. "So far I think there's more female Malaysians marrying male Egyptians than the other way around."
"Oh I see. Can you tell us about Malaysian food? What do you usually eat?"
---
On the day of our General Surgery end round exam, I took a picture with Madam Shaheen. I like her because she does her job well and she introduced herself by name on our first day at Department 11B. She is so far the best secretary in the whole Kasr el Ainy. And after our conversation that time, she was friendly and kind to me. Saw her at the bank once and we had a short chat.
The whole picture thing saw me being laughed at because one, I was the one (probably the only student who'll take pictures with a non-teaching staff) excitedly approaching her and second, she kissed my cheek and I went blushing awkwardly and Umair the photographer told her to kiss me again because she didn't catch the first one on camera.
Ara then said she was my mom-in-law candidate and laughed at me again, haha. I was going to reply that I'm gay, but I feared people will attack me and condemn my usrah organization for coming out so brazenly, haha. I am messed up but I'm protective when it comes to people who have a share or try their best for me; be it parents, teachers, murabbies, janitors, whatever you call them.
---
Truth is I am asexual and currently in a long distance relationship. This is us, I'm the rolled up one. It's okay because otherwise I'm everyone else's bully.
Bwahaha.

No comments:
Post a Comment