We have a paediatric patient in Plastic Surgery nowadays. 8 years old Mostafa with a broken left jaw from falling from a height. He came in yesterday with his mom and Nisa took his history from his mom (mom said he fell from the stairs but Mostafa told Dr. Mostafa he fell from the asur which according to the doc is "the bridge surrounding the house" whatever that means) while I chatted him up.
He appeared smaller than an 8 years old, swollen left jaw, distorted teeth alignment, somewhat adenoid facies, and definitely looked like a buas kid. No wonder he fell from a height.
Today he came into our class again, wearing a white jubah commonly worn by patients. He came in without his mom, carrying his xray and CT films in a Nestle plastic bag bigger than himself. Sort of looked like a pakcik, haha. He played with some coins while the Dr. Hosam taught us a separate case of palatine fistula.
The coins fell on the ground, he picked them up. Coins fell again, he picked them up. "Shh Mostafa, the doctor is teaching!" I mouthed, and he stood there watching me silently, as if wondering what to do now that he couldn't play with his coins.
It wasn't that noisy, but his innocence was distracting me and I just like to bully kids, so I gestured for him to come near and held my palm open demanding for his coins. He obediently gave me all, hahaha. Someone needs to teach this guy to hold on to his money.
I put them back in his jubah pocket and patted him. "Keep them there."
---
The doctor was showing his xrays and CTs to the class. Mostafa was standing by the bed, obediently passing the doctor one by one of his films.
He looked like Assistant Lecturer Mostafa, hahaha. I pray this guy grow up soleh, happy, healthy and successful.

No comments:
Post a Comment