بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

She breathes on Baskin's ice-cream

My baby sister's name is Melle. She's the second youngest and is the youngest daughter. She is a melancholic and used to get upset over petty things, but now that there's only mom, dad, two boys and her at home, she had become reliable and adult-like. This makes being immature with her all the more fun for me.

For the record, when mom went into labour with her, dad told me to take the day off from school and help around the house. I was doing dishes when dad came home with the placenta and cord, and I watched as dad bury it in the sideyard. I used to change her diapers and put her to sleep, all those babysitting stuff. When she was a baby she only wanted to sleep while being carried on people's chest. My back had it hard. I was 10. Already very reliable at that age, right. Wahaha.

Anyway I did accidentally dropped her on the road in front of our house when she was a baby and she still had that teeny scar, and there was this one time when I was playing with a plier on her sleeves not noticing I was clamping her arm. She screamed like hell and I got into a lot of trouble, but really I didn't realize I clamped her, I thought it was only clothes. Every time I hold a plier I will remember that incident and vow to be nice to her, that's how much I was traumatised. Sorry Melle, I love you a hell lot and I would do anything for you. But I'm the big sis so it is my obligation to harmlessly bully you for the rest of your life, suck it up.

Actually I wanted to discuss her name. Her name was supposed to be from combining mine with kid sis's but Miru hated to be second. So dad looked another name up to settle this childish dispute.

We call her Melle for short and she addresses herself as Melle when talking to us (when she was a baby, every time she cry she will say "Melle ni, Melle ni," as if we forgot who she was).

She used to forbid us from calling her Melle in front of her friends because Melle sounds manja and despite being so manja at home, she's actually very reliable and honourable at school. Straight A's kid, class representative, all those stuffs. That's our Melle . Despite being short, her friends look up to her. Muahaha.

We all go to the same primary and secondary school, so the teachers there pretty much know us siblings. They used to call her "Hana'slittle sister" and that really pissed her off. I on the other hand simply rub the fact that I was so awesome that the teachers remember me in her face, conveniently hiding the truth that they probably remember more all the mischief I got into.

No comments:

Haru & Associates