بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

You're my sunshine after the rain

Dr. Zafran's phone rang and caller ID came up as "Mustakamal". He picked up the call but told me to answer it. "Mustaqim tu. Jawab la."

Me: Hello?
Dr. Mus: Hello? Nak cakap dengan Zafran.
Me: Ni siapa ye?
Dr. Mus with a made up gruff voice: Ni John.
Me LOLing: Ada ape ye nak cakap dengan Dr. Zafran?
Dr. Mus: Ada la.
Dr. Zafran: Cakap saya tengah berak.
Me, couldn't believe I was going to say this: Dia tengah berak.
Dr. Mus: Suruh dia call balik lepas dah habis lap.

I immediately rolled on the floor and gave the phone to Dr. Zafran. They continued the conversation like normal dudes.

God these people XD

---

Earlier today I walked with Nasri from the ward's main entrance to the Hospimart. He asked me if I was coping okay. I was slightly surprised by his question but answered I am doing well. I told him I'm in Paeds now, feeling restless from being jobless. He said it was good that I'm (basically) having a break.

I told him I was previously in Uro for a month. He asked why. I told him about the messed up rotation and poor Tihi. He said I must be good now in Urology. I laughed. I told him at least I only spent a week with Mr. Azam. He asked if I passed my assessment. I told him I did, signed by Mr. Azhan.

I asked him how was he doing in Red noting that he looked saddened, somewhat demotivated compared to when he was in Green. He said it pained. I nodded in understanding, confirming that his ears and heart were pained. He said he was oncall last night and KIV his admissions be picked out for questioning. I wished him the best and we parted at the Hospimart, him going inside and me back to my ward.

I was happy to have walked with him, and would always find a reason to if I have the opportunity. And I am praying God make him happy as Nasri has made me happy and coping well in Surgery. It would probably be harder for me to adapt if it wasn't for his "Atiqah senyum sikit" on my first day on the job and for that I will always be grateful for him.

---

That evening I told my oncall MO Dr. Zafran that I'll be in Ward 26 helping my gang discharge patient. On the way there guess who I met?

None other but my favourite HO Wong! I was happy that I would have hugged him but of course I can't. We chatted, asking where each of us are posted right now and I wished him the best as we parted, me for Ward 26 and him towards the parking lot I presumed.

I remembered that I met Nasri this morning, now Wong. My lucky day.

No comments:

Haru & Associates