بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

My first appendix

Me complaining to our HO Leader who is my Urology teammate.

Me: Jahat Tihi letak aku oncall Uro hari Sabtu. Ahad aku masuk team lain, jadi pape Sabtu tu mati aku kena dengan Mr. Azam.
Tihi: Haa sebab tu aku letak kau oncall Sabtu.
Me: ^$#₩&^÷@

---

I was silently observing Dr. Salehah operating on an appendix. Hafizah was the HO oncall assisting her. Dr. Salehah gave me the go to scrub in but I was thinking of resources versus my selfish learning need. One pack of scub consisted of 3 gowns; one for the surgeon, the assistant, the scrub nurse. If I scrubbed in I would have to open another pack and expose two gowns..

So there I was, silently observing on Dr. Salehah's right. Dr. Azizi walked in and saw me.

Dr. Azizi: Eh Atiqah. Awak Uro kan.
Me: Saya dah lama tinggal appendix.
Him: Scrub la.

I had no spec, masked, no nametag. I was impressed he recognised me, remembered my name and even remembered what team I was in. And then I remember I somewhat dissed him and my Uro MOs last Monday, hahaha.

---

I concluded that I prefer it when people remember my name. But how significant it is to be remembered by mortals? I came across Pak cik Kamarul Zaman's post regarding his daughter who passed away last year from complicated SLE and my eyes watered. She was a good person and she died young.

How lucky. I want to be a good person and died young too.

No comments:

Haru & Associates