I have two physical weaknesses whereby if you put me in this situations, I will get scared and cry like a baby. I'm not kidding.
First and foremost is dentistry. The yearly visit is so scary I always nearly wet myself... They use pointy metals and drills inside the mouth of an awake human, how vulnerable is that! And I always meet socially-retard dentists who don't even bother to call me by my name or make me feel more humane after their inhumane treatment. It's always me having to console myself during the session that "Dentists are nice. Along, Dr. Burhan, Timah are dentists. This is the hospital, the dentists are well-trained, they are nice, they're not out to get you. This is good for you."
But I have to be brave and see them yearly because this is good for me. Argh.
Second is people coming near my eyes. I couldn't even tolerate eyedrops, let alone anything more invasive.
Today has been one hell of a fight. On the table it finally dawned on me that this is not like getting a new glasses. For the first time in my life I wished someone will hold my hand. And I apologized incessantly to my doctor and his assistant because reflex made me disobey. Kept telling myself "you're brave, so brave, we'll get through this, this is nothing, Final Destination is fiction, you have Allah and you're in good hands, be brave, be very brave."
I think I troubled my doctor too much. As a doctor-to-be I know the importance of listening to your doctor and being compliant and all. Huhu, sorry, so sorry I couldn't control myself. And just as the doctor told me to interlock my fingers, Haru added "You don't want keratitis."
Shit that thing is way more painful!! And with that I clenched my hands tighter and repeated today's mantra.
"Don't put your hands on your eyes." Doc said patiently for the thousandth time.
"Okay. Sorry. Don't put your hands on your eyes." I parroted today's mantra. And repeated that line even after I got out.
The eyedrops today should be administered hourly. It was then a very epic struggling drama.
The title is what the doctor said to me. I bet he had to say that to all his paediatric patients (kah3) but I appreciate it very much. Thank you Dr. Emad.

1 comment:
Title AKA The Terror Of Lasix. Wan Nisa planned to get lasix and you joined her last minute to alex not even knowing how the procedure is. Talk about slipping off a cliff.
Post a Comment