We went to celebrate Yana's birthday at Steak Out Mohandesin. Great place. Great food, reasonable price, friendly helpful staffs. I really enjoyed myself.
Then a group of people came in. One of them piqued my interest because he looked like Dr. Hazem Dewidar, the gentle doctor who taught us ENT. I will always remember him because he said in his class that he is happy to repeat however many times to us until we understand, but if he have to during the exam, he will be unhappy. Hehe. He patiently taught the class and that left a really huge impression on me.
He was also the first doctor who taught me how to palpate the lymph nodes of head and neck when it was me who clerked the case and he walked me through examining the patient.
ENT was two years ago, the last round we had when I was a fourth year 2011/2012.
"Guys, that's Dr. Hazem from ENT, right?"
The girls didn't concur. But I was really convinced, so I told the girls I would go and greet them properly if they were still present at the end of the night.
So, the ever paparazzi, I stealthily kept my eyes trained on that group all night. I was sitting in the middle facing the landing, thus a clear view of other patrons. The rest however weren't very subtle. The staffs noticed their gushing and gestured between us and that table of doctors "What is it? Somebody you guys know?"
He went outside a bit near our table halfway through our dinner to answer a call, and he smiled and nodded at me. I stood up respectfully and nodded back at him. I think he noticed we were somewhat observing them (or the staffs spilled the bean) and deduced we must had been in his class because we recognised him.
Night ended and we were leaving. Maisarah asked me if I was going to greet the doctors. I said I'll pass, we did nod to Dr. Hazem when he went to answer his call. But just as I stepped out of the restaurant, I had second thought.
"It is polite to greet properly, right?"
Maisarah nodded, so she and Sarah went along with me. I walked deliberately to their table and smiled with my posture facing the doctor I remembered. The whole table smiled back.
"Assalamualaikum, all of you sir are ENT doctors, right?"
The table nodded "Yes, yes," and smiled. I noticed our coordinator was also with them but I forgot his name... Is it Dr. Solah?
"We're sixth year students. Final students."
"Final?" Dr. Hazem asked.
"Yes," I smiled. "You taught us ENT two years ago. Thank you doctor for teaching us a lot." They grinned happily and nodded back as I nodded gratefully at them.
"Thank you Dr. Hazem." I addressed him confidently. And what do you know, his grin got wider and humbler. So I did remember correctly. Thank God.
We left with a "ma3assalamah" and the table buzzed. I left the restaurant feeling very happy and thanked Maisarah and Sarah for accompanying me.
"Thank you for reminding me to go greet them. If I didn't, I think I'll be very regretful."
"I know," Maisarah said. "You were really excited when you first saw the doctor."
I guess I was, haha. Our doctors are the real heroes and celebrities for me, may Allah always bless them and ease them in their responsibilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment