Walked out of lecture hall towards Dept 29 and saw Dr. Ahmed Hassan the HO who taught us skill lab. Then I noticed that lady Radiologist was hitting on Dr. Hussein (they were three meters apart and I overheard her asking if he was okay) but as usual he totally ignored her and focused on his phone. I giggled quietly. Partly amused at her persistence and partly feeling sorry for her.
She walked, keeping an eye on him while he turned around to face us students.
"Cases in Dept 29," he told me.
"Okay."
She looked on with a dissatisfied look before marching forward towards Dept 29.
Saw our bubbly Tropical resident walking in front of Hall B, the guy with an impressive command of Malay language. What was his name again? Syaimaa called him Dr. Perky. Greeted him with a salam. He smiled and greeted back.
I suspect he is Dr. Tariq Kaddah our anaesthetist nice guy's son. He mentioned he has one son resident Orthopedic, another resident Tropical and his youngest if I remember correctly is in second year Kasr el Ainy.
Arrived in Dept 29. Saw Dr. Mohamed Rafeeq our humblest assistant lecturer of vascular surgery following a grand round with an unfamiliar professor. Updated FB to inform Ara and Humaici of it, they were fangirls. Thought of tagging Tasnim in the status as well but she might kill me for it.
And then I realized Dr. Mohamed Ali was in the crowd as well.
Cases today were traumatic AV fistula behind the parotid gland and another traumatic AV fistula of the popliteal.
Class dismissed. I handed the dean the formal letter to request for his speech for our yearbook. He stood and listened to me with a tired face, saying not a word. I felt really awkward, guilty of taking half a minute of his and flabbergasted. Urgh.
Poor him. It was only 11am and he was already that spent. If Dijah was there instead of me, he might be cheered up. I just hope he felt our love from that request letter. Oh crap, I think I edited that part out to make it more formal. Huhu. We love you Dr. Hussein, be happy and do your best!
Dear Lord, please strengthen him. Send him all ease and strength and love. Ameen.
Exited the ward. In the hallway I walked behind this dad holding onto his toddler's hand. A resident kid teyoyish, I sniggered to myself how short the boy was that it made me want to bully him. Such a cute boy to hold on to daddy's hand... Wait, what's that on daddy's hand?
IT'S AN EXTRA FINGER!! So tiny! Like an okra! It looked like it can be picked out! Crazy paparazzi mode on!! I took out my handphone, set the camera on zoom and snapped snapped snapped.
Walked out of the hospital on the tarred road. Already passed Psychiatry building when I saw a familiar cut of hair coming from the opposite direction. I changed my course to walk on the pavement to pass by him.
Yep. It was Dr. Abo Bakr the Ortho Don just off talking on the phone.
And outside the main gate, Dr. Essam El-Kousy walking while talking on the phone... but what's up with his Einstein-like hair? When he gave our general surgery lecture in the evening, it was always perfectly coiffed.
Too busy for hair-gel maybe. Allah ease you sir. Ameen.

No comments:
Post a Comment