During recess, I parked my shoes on the floor, whereas students were to arrange theirs on the provided shelves.
He stationed himself by my shoes. Mischievous mode.
"Don't even think of it."
He laughed. He lifted his right leg and hovered on my shoes. Mind you, they were genuine Alain Delon!
"Raimi, don't! I've just shone them yesterday!"
He laughed. Students came and he was distracted. ["Shoes on rack, please."]
I walked towards the counter and paid 50 sen for my glass of grape drink.
He eyed me. Grinned.
I walked and stood next to him. Eyes on my shoes. No dirt on them, so far.
I squinted my eyes and frowned. "Go stomp on others shoes."
"I want to stomp on yours, teacher."
I sighed. Squatted and sipped my drinks.
He grinned. Sat on the divider between the canteen floor and the dirty ground. My shoes were vulnerably between his legs.
"Raimi!"
He laughed. I sighed and smiled.
I walked towards the teacher's stool and sat there. He walked inside for his seat in the canteen.
Passed me. He grinned.
I shook my head.
"What is it, Atiqah?" The muallimah eating in front of me saw our exchange.
"Just some kid threatening my shoes."
Finishing my drinks, I stood up and went for my shoes.
Argh! Dirt marks over the surface!
I turned around and glared at him eating. He grinned and chuckled.
I took a deep breath and smirked. Walked towards the KUM and bought some tissues. I popped the packet and proceeded to meticulously rub the dirt of my black leather shoes.
Ikbal came. "Raimi said he's sorry."
"It's always Raimi said." I laughed. "Can't he say it himself?"

No comments:
Post a Comment