بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pricking Raimi

Raimi pricked his blisters. With his pencil. He showed it to me with an eyeful of grin this morning.

I sighed. "Mari sini, teacher nak tengok."

He gestured open his left hand.

"Tangan kanan."

He smirked. Held out his right hand in mid-air. As I inspect the unsightful pencil mark on his blisters while holding his hand in position using my marker, the young boy dropped his hand playfully.

"Raimi, elok-elok la."

He chuckled. Held out his right hand in mid-air. Dropped it.

Again.

And again.

And would have repeated the playful antic had I not grab hold of his wrist and started to lecture the boy on skin hygiene.

"Teacher lepas la tangan kita dulu."

"Tak nak." I shook my head. "Teacher lepas nanti, mesti Raimi lari."

"Kita tak lari."

I wasn't convinced. Hussain came and prodded Raimi's blisters with his pencil.

"Hussain!" I stopped the cunning boy.

"Tengok, teacher." Raimi gestured at Hussain by pouting. "Bukan kita yang cucuk."

"Mungkin bukan, tapi Encik Raimi jugak yang bagi."

He grinned.

"Sakit ke benda tu?" Iman asked out of curiosity.

"Tak." We answered in unison.

"Jangan usik blister tu. Nanti dia sembuh sendiri."

I let his wrist go and proposed, "Kalau nak cucuk jugak, pergi bilik sakit waktu rehat nanti. Minta muallimah dekat sana cucukkan."

"Teacher cucuk sekarang la."

"Nanti la." I smiled at the eager boy. "Raimi pergi bilik sakit waktu rehat, ye."
An hour and half after recess...
I walked from the library towards 3 Sabar. Raimi greeted me by the doorstep.
I greeted my salam; knocked. Waited for acknowledgement from the residing teacher.

She was too busy with chatty Ikbal, so I let myself in. Walked towards the nearest table and placed 3 Sabar's marked BM Exercise Book on it.

I turned towards the door for my leave but was halted by Raimi and Haiqal, both on the floor, tackling each other.

"Raimi, Haiqal, ape ni?" I pushed the two boys apart. "Balik tempat. Raimi, mana tie?"

The goofy boy smirked at me and said, "Teacher, nak cucuk sekarang."

"Nanti la." I waved a short salute. "Teacher ada kelas sekarang."

As I walked away from the hectic class, it made me wonder why I was so interested in such insignificant blisters.

Must be the doctor instinct.

No comments:

Haru & Associates