بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Peevish Eve

Enough melancholic drama. Let us share the chaotic day that is today.

English with 3 Ihsan saw me trying to get the kids seated at their designated places while getting them to distinguish the usage of 'what', 'who', 'this' and 'that'.

Getting the class attention was rather hard, especially with the amount of chatterboxes they had. But I did, with immense inner strength.

I am so proud of myself.

I've always associated myself with the way teachers in SMI Aman taught me, so I applied them in class. Lecture the whole class [this is the hard part] and round up the class from group to group to give them a clearer outlook on the topic.

It was time consuming, but hopefully it will be long-lasting.

English with 3 Sabar was... unexpectedly disheartening.

Ikbal was dutifully spring cleaning the class. What a nice boy, so diligent. He would make a nice son-in-law. That was my sincere thought.

If only he didn't do it during my class!

"Why are you cleaning now, mister?"

Ikbal jumped down from his higher position of cleaning the window. "Our class never get the trophy!"

Ikbal-kun was referring to the Cleanest Class of the Week Trophy.

"Well, do it later, then."

I stood on the doorsteps and frowned ahead. I couldn't get in the class.

Raimi and a couple of kids were blocking the door. He smirked.

"Let me ask her. Teacher, wouldn't you want to win the trophy?"

"Frankly, I don't really care about the trophy. Please, in the class, now."

"Nuh-uh."

"Raimi, let me through."

"Not until you let us clean the class now."

Since when has the kids been difficult? "As you wish."

With that, I gave him a double tickle. My path was now cleared and I stepped in front of the class.

The guys weren't sitting. They continued to spring clean. Man.

"Enough. Everyone be seated or they shall be considered not interested to learn today."

I could have sworn, out of the 12 boys present, only Aqil and Raimi were seated, with the latter sporting a slight pout.

I sighed.

Cutting the long story short, I was cranky. I threw Ikbal's brown board and Hazim's book out of the window.

My doings were unforgivable. I am evil.

30 minutes before class was dismissed, I made amend. Picked up the thrown items and apologized profusely to Hazim and Ikbal.

Made my way to teach Ikbal, Raja, Hazim, Sadiq, Solihin, Atiq and Majdi. Then towards Raimi, Aqil, Hussein, Haikal and Haiqal.

Immediately as I sat down on one of those chairs, Raimi walked away.

"Merajuk lagi?" I asked the boy.

He didn't even look at me. I sighed. I stood and walked towards the group of girls. As I did so, I overheard Haiqal behind my back.

"Teacher sokmo gitu nge darling dia."

I double sighed. Seemed like someone wanted to die a painful one. But amendment I did, so I walked away oblivious to the comment.

Cranky. It was uncalled for. I owe them an apology.

No comments:

Haru & Associates