Do you think I've been biased?
Because I think so.
Today, I didn't address Raimi one bit in class. Just a short exchange of "You're done?" which was replied with an equally short "Not yet."
The rest of my attention was equally divided among the others, except for a private talk with Ikbal and Hazim.
But I suppose it can't be helped. Just before I announce my departure from class, Raimi looked up with his usual smile, a mechanical pencil in his left hand and gestured open his right.
"Teacher, can I prick this?"
I saw two tiny blisters. "No! Let me see that!"
He gleefully ran off. "Raimi, let me see that!"
He continued running. "I just wanna help!"
He ran. He grinned.
I ceased. I glared.
"Okay. Suits yourself."
He stopped. Flashed a grin and readied his mecha pencil for entry. I shot straight to him.
"Pencils are not sterile. Hands out, Raimi."
The boy obliged. I kicked into serious mode and scanned the blisters between his ring and middle finger. The rest of the class gathered around.
"No, don't prick it. Could cause infection, especially if you use filthy appliance."
He held out his pencil. I glared at him. "Are you listening?"
He chuckled. "Lucky you held there."
Huh? I let go of his cuffed wrist. When did I? Never mind.
"I mean it. If you still keen on pricking, use a sterilized pin."
"Okay." Eyes glistened mischievously and mecha pencil still in possession.
I sighed and smiled them adieu.
An hour afterwards, I scuffled back from 2 Amanah towards the office building. Exhausted by the younger and a heller bunch of boisterous kids. Slowly climbed the stairs towards the teacher's lounge.
Looked up from sighing and saw Hussain leaning on the door towards my desk. "Eh? What's up, Hussain?"
"Oh, teacher."
I asked him of the pencil he borrowed from me during class. He chuckled it off. I expressed my wish to skin him.
We laughed by the doorway.
I turned to my left and saw the smiling prefect arranging books on my desk. "You're here, too?"
"Your desk, teacher?" His voice was low.
"Yea." I lowered my voice, too. Glanced around and saw the room deserted except for us. What's with the whispering?
I thanked them for bringing in the class's books and they took their leave. I sat comfortably in my usual idle pose and started reading the books.
Chuckled softly.
Evening saw the teacher on pursuit. Someone walked behind me and poked my waist. I turned around in shock. Which banat was that?
It was Ilham of 4 Ikhlas. He jogged off, goofily reminding me of my not wearing pants today.
I walked quickly, seriously reminding him of my wearing pants today.
He scurried for his life. Naim came up and said, "Poor Ilham."
I death-glared the smiling figure of his.
Evil Iqbal of 4 Amanah called me 'teacher pendek' in front of the public. I gave chase.
Cornered him and warned him against repeating the offense in future. He grinned despite expressing pardons.
I just had to pull that ear off.
Tomorrow, I shall start the regime of fight against disrespect and highlighting the boundaries between banin and banat.
p/s: Yesterday, I conversed with Muallimah Rushaida.
"Ikbal of 3 Sabar really is a blender without a top on, but Raimi is a shy boy."
"Shy?" I widen my eyes and chuckled. "Not the tiniest bit in my class."
p/s 2: Teaching sure is hectic. Why haven't I quited yet? Oh, yes. Because that place is a heaven for cheesy smiles.
Because I think so.
Today, I didn't address Raimi one bit in class. Just a short exchange of "You're done?" which was replied with an equally short "Not yet."
The rest of my attention was equally divided among the others, except for a private talk with Ikbal and Hazim.
But I suppose it can't be helped. Just before I announce my departure from class, Raimi looked up with his usual smile, a mechanical pencil in his left hand and gestured open his right.
"Teacher, can I prick this?"
I saw two tiny blisters. "No! Let me see that!"
He gleefully ran off. "Raimi, let me see that!"
He continued running. "I just wanna help!"
He ran. He grinned.
I ceased. I glared.
"Okay. Suits yourself."
He stopped. Flashed a grin and readied his mecha pencil for entry. I shot straight to him.
"Pencils are not sterile. Hands out, Raimi."
The boy obliged. I kicked into serious mode and scanned the blisters between his ring and middle finger. The rest of the class gathered around.
"No, don't prick it. Could cause infection, especially if you use filthy appliance."
He held out his pencil. I glared at him. "Are you listening?"
He chuckled. "Lucky you held there."
Huh? I let go of his cuffed wrist. When did I? Never mind.
"I mean it. If you still keen on pricking, use a sterilized pin."
"Okay." Eyes glistened mischievously and mecha pencil still in possession.
I sighed and smiled them adieu.
An hour afterwards, I scuffled back from 2 Amanah towards the office building. Exhausted by the younger and a heller bunch of boisterous kids. Slowly climbed the stairs towards the teacher's lounge.
Looked up from sighing and saw Hussain leaning on the door towards my desk. "Eh? What's up, Hussain?"
"Oh, teacher."
I asked him of the pencil he borrowed from me during class. He chuckled it off. I expressed my wish to skin him.
We laughed by the doorway.
I turned to my left and saw the smiling prefect arranging books on my desk. "You're here, too?"
"Your desk, teacher?" His voice was low.
"Yea." I lowered my voice, too. Glanced around and saw the room deserted except for us. What's with the whispering?
I thanked them for bringing in the class's books and they took their leave. I sat comfortably in my usual idle pose and started reading the books.
Chuckled softly.
Evening saw the teacher on pursuit. Someone walked behind me and poked my waist. I turned around in shock. Which banat was that?
It was Ilham of 4 Ikhlas. He jogged off, goofily reminding me of my not wearing pants today.
I walked quickly, seriously reminding him of my wearing pants today.
He scurried for his life. Naim came up and said, "Poor Ilham."
I death-glared the smiling figure of his.
Evil Iqbal of 4 Amanah called me 'teacher pendek' in front of the public. I gave chase.
Cornered him and warned him against repeating the offense in future. He grinned despite expressing pardons.
I just had to pull that ear off.
Tomorrow, I shall start the regime of fight against disrespect and highlighting the boundaries between banin and banat.
p/s: Yesterday, I conversed with Muallimah Rushaida.
"Ikbal of 3 Sabar really is a blender without a top on, but Raimi is a shy boy."
"Shy?" I widen my eyes and chuckled. "Not the tiniest bit in my class."
p/s 2: Teaching sure is hectic. Why haven't I quited yet? Oh, yes. Because that place is a heaven for cheesy smiles.
Naim indulging ABC after pursuing villains in a game of Cops. Kids, grow up.

1 comment:
tiqah,
seronok baca pengalaman awk jadi guru!
terus tabah!
jadi guru itu mulia.
tak semua orang leh laluinya...
-kak wan fatimah
Post a Comment