بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Crisis

Mom asked me if I wanted keropok keping to bring back to Cairo. "Takpe ma," I said. "Malas nak goreng."

Turns out the craving came this evening so I heated up the oil confidently before going to the pantry. Searched twice and couldn't find it.

"Jiha Jiha," I called my housemate anxiously. "Tak jumpa keropok."

"Tu ada," she pulled out those colourful vegetable keropok.

"No no nak keropok ikan."

It was heartbreaking. A house with no keropok keping is so poor, so very sad. I felt sorry for the poor girl. Heated oil but no keropok to fry. I thought she would cry.

The housemate felt sorry. "Kita ada keropok bawak haritu." She pulled out a packet of keropok keping from under her bed.

"Yezz!" The girl ran to the kitchen.

"Gorengkan lebih!" Housemate yelled after.

Keropok fried and brought to housemate's room to eat. Along with the unfried keropok.

"Hana!!! Tinggal separuh dah!"

I laughed. What did she expect? One cannot just eat a few pieces of keropok in one sitting.

We munched while I studied Bronchial Asthma. "Saya nak kahwin dengan." Munched another piece. Man I really could munch on these nonstop. And I need to curb this stopping-mid-sentence habit.

"Nelayan?"

"No." Munched another piece.

"Pengusaha keropok lekor?"

I chose my word properly and took another piece of keropok. This is paramount to my future. "Nak kahwin dengan someone yang akan bagi saya sebab untuk ke Terengganu."

That or I should stay close to Terengganu. Driving to Besut from Kota Bharu isn't that bad to stock up on keropok, I think I know the road.

"Kenapa Terengganu?"

What kind of question is that? "Terengganu is heaven for keropok la!"

Haru & Associates