بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

We're 24 and a bunch of mischievous kids, we won't grow up.

Hi. Am at Umair's place for movie night. Actually it was me finishing three movies while Pait, Syemak and Ume snoozed off earlier. It's nearly 2 and I should sleep (slept a few last night and nearly snoozed off in the exam haha) but as usual.. Headache come yet no sleep.

When I arrived after praying Isya at my place, I saw the place wasn't set up and those three haven't prayed Isya yet! So I immediately went to the living room and cleared the area, tables cleared and placed by the wall. I went into Iema's room (she had tuition) and unplugged her TV and caried it out to the living room. I also took out Iema's extra mattress and carried Ume's into the living room. The snacks and mineral water I bought were placed in front of the TV and I brought out a cup from the kitchen.

It was all on auto. Syaimaa joked I was like a brat coming in and make everything at home. I was like, "Dude you said we're having movie night. How come the place isn't set up?"

We watched and complained of the simplicity of The Grudge 2, where everyone just died at the end. I was at my "how are they going to explain all the murders to the police" when it was down to the last two characters. I was thinking how nobody will believe the boy and live haunted the rest of his life, but it turned out the two of them died, too.

"Now they won't need to explain to the police. Brilliant."

It was boring and I needed something thoughtful to comment on. Syemak and I stayed for Dear John (because Tatum is the only abang hensem on the list of movies I haven't watched. He's not exactly my kind of guy, I'm more into Hisashi-kun or Hugh Jackman or Hugh Dancy. I was tempted to do another Butler with Olympus Has Fallen or that smartass cute guy in Now You See Me.) and we were satisfied by the maturity of the love story. It was something I can agree upon. Excellent Josei material.

I was then on a roll for abang hensem. Umair in her semi sleeping state told me to run 127 Hours because there was an abang hensem there. So I did. And it was a scruffy guy.

"That's not exactly abang hensem," I complained. If he looked a little bit more like Dancy as Will Graham, I might have agreed with her taste.

"I just wanted to shut you up. Abang hensem, abang hensem. I'm going to make a status out of this."

I don't always ogle hot guys. Technically doing so is a disgrace to my iman and taqwa. Remember how one of the reasons to get married is to "menjaga kehormatan iman dan taqwa" or something along that line? I should get married soon for that sake, but heh. This is getting too long of a discussion.

So I predicted "Tomorrow all Batnah in my head will be gone."

As Umair expected, it was my kind of movie. I watched the movie alone as the girls weren't interested to know how to survive in a canyon for a week with a hand stuck under a boulder. And the movie was, as Umair said, "inspirational." I revised a little bit of Ortho with that movie, how we save life first before saving a limb.

Ralston was a hero. A self hero. At the end of the day, he saved himself. The thoughts of his loved ones were what kept him going and what kept him sane. It's okay to run off on your own as long as you have something that keeps you going.

And so the most important thing I learned is that, find the right balance between selfishness and independence.

Others include:
(1) don't buy cheap knockoffs.
(2) thank Epul for buying excellent Swiss knife for me.
(3) leave a note somewhere on where you're going.
(4) always return mom's call.
(5) people die. Enjoy life while you're at it.

The flaw in the movie was probably just it's effect. I'm a doctor-to-be so I kind of know how a person would look like severely dehydrated and everything.

---

We finished our Batnah papers today. It was tough because I didn't study the Clinical Patho part well and felt mocked throughout the 20 minutes to answer that 20-questions part of the 105-questions exam. What is important is that I hope Allah will accept our deed and our answers. Be it right or wrong, I hope they were accepted.

I hope none of us has to sit for that exam again ever. I hope we all graduate, especially to the abangs and kakaks older than us. They've taken care of us juniors in Egypt for so long, it's time they come home with a degree. Please Allah, grant this. Allahumma ameen.

No comments:

Haru & Associates