بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

God saves us

Today Mubarak was acquitted. Not surprising and totally expected since the day Prez Morsi was overthrew. Well-played, Mubarak. Damn dude even took a selfie and had the nerve to praise God for his acquittal, I felt so insulted.

---

The result made me remember one of my professor who was a total slut to Sisi and the military. Out of nowhere in our first 10 minutes in class with him, he dissed Ikhwan as satanic and inhumane as possibly could and praised Sisi endlessly. He was downright worshipping that guy "for getting rid of the Ikhwan from Egypt."

It was unnerving, really. First he was talking about the importance of manners and following the Prophet's sunnah then suddenly he dissed with so much hatred; so much it was like a wrecking ball to my face who happened to be sitting right in front of him. I was silent the whole class.

I don't know which part of understanding manners and sunnah allow anyone to diss so liberally. The Prophet never teach us that. Dr. Shen who opposes tyranny never let his hatred for any individual shows during class.

Apparently he was a doctor at one of the main military hospital and saved a lot of military personnels' family lives. Good for him. He had them wrapped around his pinky.

"I can call them to arrest you anytime," he announced smugly. I was sure none of us was impressed.

His lecture was good. I understood a lot about managing diaphragmatic hernia from him. But needless to say his hatred and bigotry made me lose most of the respect I had for him. I intentionally skipped our next class with him because I wanted to preserve that little remaining respect I have for a professor.

I wonder what he thinks of the acquittal. Probably be singing joyously.

---

I was also reminded on something our Surgery Grandpa said in one of his classes, on a day there was a disturbed demostration on campus, the fated 9th April 2014. He said how the whole ruckus wasn't a religious affair, it was political.

The Ikhwan are Muslims, the military are Muslims as well, he said. He remarked how it was all a play on strategy for Ikhwan and that Ikhwan should be laying low and start all over instead of gathering demonstrans day after day. He said the demonstrations were nothing but a nuisance.

---

But I disagree. If there is no demonstrations, people will forget. I walk in the street day by day seeing people admiring Sisi and the junta like thousands weren't massacred in Rabia. Like all is well but the truth is injustice prevails. Life goes on and unsightly things are hidden. If I don't have internet, I bet I will forget. These things need to be circulated, people have to speak up first to be heard.

I talk to Sisi-lovers and they approve of him because "Egyptians have long been ruled by the military," and "the people need to be governed by someone with a firm handling, Morsi was too nice." People who hated Prez Morsi for the blackouts but when blackouts tripled after Sisi forcibly took office, they caved in silence. That same people were getting the brunt of corrupted police officers who randomly slapped them with a LE600 fine and all they could do were pay up and say "hasbunallah wa ni3mal wakiil."

Talk about masochism.

I am really afraid thinking what sort of catastrophe God is going to send to us for this blasphemy. It could come crashing on us or anywhere else... Please don't leave us to ourselves, we've done enough screwing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking about, I can call them to arrest you anytime. What a cowardice. Glad he's not my prof.

Haru & Associates