Silly me, I forgot to write about the eventful yesterday.
As usual, Saturday means I'll sleep in a bit, miss out on Numb3rs aired on AXN and head to OLC for the usual class from 9-11++ a.m. Trust me, the class never started nor ended on time.
But last Saturday was different. SMI/SRI Graduation Day was held at the nearby Gelanggang Seni.
The whole family went there, even the sleepwalking Hakim. The four-year-old was still half groggy when he jumped into the Toyota Innova. Yeah, he didn't bathe; mom merely gave him a new change of attires.
We departed at 8.30, and I rushed to meet my junior Ain since my cellphone was in her possession [She playfully took it away on Thursday, intending on giving it back afterwards. Unfortunately yet predictably, she accidentally took it home.].
I met Dayang-sensei and told her I have English class but I still wanted to be on stage for my prizes. She told me to come over at 10.30.
So I did. Always the pragmatist, I walked from GS to OLC, or rather, I half-ran while trying not to trip on the over-sized jubah of mom's. It's only an 11-minute walk. I like walking.
Usually, I'll sit at the front row but seeing as I've asked and was granted an early leave, I settled myself at the back of the class.
The popular commonly sits in the front. Being away from the lot, it was quite comforting. No idle chattering of unnecessary nor uninvited peeps.
The day's topic was on stress management. Dr Wan gave us each a piece of form to be written with our former and current behaviours as well as the turning point in our life.
Being the proactive self, I finished writing all traits down within minutes of being given.
It was also a nice change; sitting at the back I mean. I get to crack jokes with Widad and made witty remarks on Taufiq. Even Ashraf asked me to translate some words.
At 10.15, I bid the class adieu.
At the GS, the atmosphere was lively. It was packed with kids in white uniforms, mothers in colourful kurungs and Ubaidah in that ridiculous dull green floral shirt.
I got 3 awards that day: Full Attendance, Best Prefect and Pembantu Jurulatih for BaSeD.
It was my first time getting the full attendance award and I'm proud of it. Last year was hectic enough I couldn't find a day worth to skip. I remember dragging my feverish ass to school on two separate occasion.
Granted the Best Prefect along with Naim, well, I can't say it was unexpected. I pretty much earned it.
All in all, the day was great. I got presents; not much to brag but presents nonetheless. Who's whining? But the biggest prize was sitting at the back of OLC class. I've a good mind to start sitting at the back next time.

2 comments:
ha..bagus2..biasa2kan la jalan-jalan ni. kalo dtg cni bleh jimat duit. tak payah naik bas. jalaan je =D
komen pasal best prefect tu, mangkuk ni sangat sombong la.
Post a Comment