بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Doctors Uncovered

JPA program today saw us walking to Panglima Ward a.k.a male medical ward and was greeted with a trail of fresh blood along the hallway.

Now we're talking.

Patients were as critical as airway dysfunctional and corrected with tracheostomy to TB. There were also patients with excessive fluid in their stomach [I'm not sure the term, but it sure is not oedema.] and patients with lung probs.

Kind of like the time Hakim had bronchitis and had to underwent that tedious ventilator thingy.

A skill I fully perfected today [ceh] is the art of recognizing levels of doctor.

  • A doctor who listens a lot, writes on a lot of PTH and speaks little is a sure sign of a houseman officer a.k.a newly grads.
  • A doctor who talks a lot is sure is a medical officer a.k.a at least a year more experienced than a HO.
  • A doctor who, when approaching a HO and a MO on a round, automatically silence the MO with his mere presence; now we're talking about a specialist.
I told dad of this. He pondered and laughed. "I suppose you're correct."
Next we were off to the O&G clinic and Orthopedic clinic. More blood-taking, simple urine pregnancy test and more dressing. Not much event.
I met Dr. Rosdi after lunch and he recognized me though the name slipped his mind. He congratulated me on the SPM result, expressed his sincere pride, tips for the upcoming JPA interview and sent his regards to mom and dad.
A nice doctor. He told me to go for it!
We under the JPA program were not enlisted to observe any paediatric clinic nor wards, a fact dad pointed out rather profusely. Despite it all, dad brought me along to his wards; NICU and another one with cute babies in their cots under the shade of ultraviolet light.
Sweet.
NICU was a sad view. Babies hardly the length of my humerus linked to machines and wires and more wires. Babies in ventilators.
I'll be a paediatrician one day and help those kiddies to achieve a fulfilling life as mine.
A surgeon or a paed? I'm not sure of what field I'll be in, but an M.D. nevertheless.
-----
Remember I mentioned about my JPJ retest on last Sunday? I passed, sure I did, but my P licence is still with Yakin Pandu. Mom's going to pick it up tomorrow.
I'll be reigning the roads! Police, beware!
And the OLC final debate? Well, do not underestimate Ninjas. Even with intentions of helming third place, we beaten the easy path to number one!
You're reading the drabbles of the team captain for Ninja Turtles.

No comments:

Haru & Associates