I closed my eyes. "Class, silent please. I've an announcement to make."
Raimi seated himself in Solihin's place, next to Iqbal. The girls sat comfortably, staring me. Chatterboxes remained on high volume.
Opened a bit and glare. "I won't bother with whoever making noises."
Shuffles. Raja seated himself like a good kid. Hazim and Iqbal scrambled to their seat. Haikal remained monkeying around.
"Today would probably be my last day here."
Silence.
Raimi's smile dropped.
"What?!" Iqbal scrunched up in complaint. "It's only been four days!"
"The teachers always come and go!" Raja piped.
"Andai ku tahu... terlebih dahulu..." Hazim sang melodramatically.
"I'll probably come on Sunday, but I'll leave around 11. I can't make it to school from Monday to Thursday."
"Where are you going, teacher?" Fatimah asked from the back of the class.
"Hospital."
"What? Why?" Came the scruffy voice of Iqbal's.
"Something." I shrugged. "Now let us learn something new today-"
"When will you come back?" Raja looked up towards my looming height.
"Andai ku tahu..."
"I'm not sure." I glance at him. Smiled. "If Muallimah Rahmah found another teacher, I probably won't be back here as a teacher.
Iqbal whined.
"Okay, class. Enough announcement. I really want you guys to learn something today. Everyone take out your Grammar notebook now and write these down."
Volume went back up.
"I mean it."
I turned around and frowned at each and everyone of them. Raimi sheepishly smiled and took out his. So did Iqbal and the rest of the gang.
Amni came up front and started asking, "Which book, teacher?"
"Grammar. Now go back to your place." I turned towards the whiteboard when I saw a flash of blue and Raimi running back to his seat.
"Raimi!" I sighed exasperatedly at him. Someone is being mischievous. "What did you do?"
A grin came as a reply and I saw that he had sweeped out the 'f' and 'L' from Preposition of Location, our topic today.
"Everyone, start writing now." I actually glared him. "And that means you, too, young man."
He laughed.
"... terlebih dahulu..." Hazim sang while writing. I just had to kneel in front of his table and proposed, "Hazim, I know a song. Wanna learn?"
"Which song, teacher?"
"PSFM unofficial song. Kami lah barisan perwira-"
Volume went down a little. Raimi looked up from his writing and glanced at me.
"Putra putri SMI tercinta-"
Iqbal scrambled of his seat and stood beside Hazim.
"Anggun segak tampan, sungguh bergaya-"
For real, I can sing!
"Semangat sekeras waja." I stood and smiled. "Ever heard?"
"My sister has one of those." Raja grinned. "Got loads in the computer."
"I see." I swept my glance across the class. "Okay, back to business."
-----
Between teaching and securing a scholarship, I'll choose the latter since it's quite important. Judging by the level of fun though, teaching way passed that of scholarship.
These JPA, UPU, BNM, Khazanah, UEM, Sime Darby and others scholarship are boring. I never did fancy filling in forms.
On Sunday I'll have my JPJ retest and I need to be there by 12.30. Sure I wouldn't want to be distracted this time.
Monday till Friday, I've a Program Pendedahan Kerjaya Seorang Doktor at HRPZ2, compulsory for every JPA overseas medic scholarship applicants. Dude, that's my hang-out place.
I really hope these tedious two will be settled quick. Then I can focus on teaching.
Bending the young minds of students. Ah.
Oh, I forgot. The OLC debate is still ongoing, but the so-called Debate Council had dragged the competition for quite a period of time. I've been bored to sleep.
Besides, I've other fish to fry.
I miss the mayhem of 3 Sabar already.

1 comment:
the singing hazim part's cheeky XD
wish u all d best in ur applications!
i've never fancy form-filling myself, but what choice do we have left? live with it.
Post a Comment