بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

I wished Dr. V a good year and told him to take care of his liver. He said his liver is spared another one week.

Dr. Vicky invited me to OT Locum today, so I packed my OT clothes to today's work. It turned out I'm Discharge HO of the day so I ended up leaving work at 3pm today. Several of my AM colleagues left work earlier than me.

Sam bid me goodbye as I was stuck in front of the computer doing discharge.

"Noo don't leave me alone!"

"Atiqah pasang la lagu, takde la sunyi sangat."

I turned on the playlist he pointed and hit Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Music started, lyric played.

"Haa sesuai sangat la tu."

"Sam jangan pergiiiii."

He laughed! That bastard hahaha.

---

Went to Anggerik afterwards and saw Dr. Vicky running after a patient's 5-year-old brother.

Ah, OT long finished already. Never mind, let's lepak.

Dr. Zafran was also there. He's studying at the hospital for their Master entrance exam, him and Dr. Vicky. Exam this Monday and Tuesday and they're leaving on Sunday evening.

I went for lunch with Dr. Vicky and he settled on a bun because there wasn't any vegetables served.

"I'm vegetarian today."

"Why today?"

"Need God's help to pass the exam."

"Hahaha suddenly you're all religious and pious!"

"I'm not confident with my ability alone hahah."

---

I asked him if he was there when my dad met Mr. Tar at ACC last Thursday.

"Yes I was. The whole team was there."

"What did they talked about?"

"We mentioned to him about you coming to APAPU."

That's one my dad didn't mention. My dad told me Mr. Tar was asking where I was ("Atiqah Medical sekarang") and that he wanted to pull me in as a Surgical MO. Dad only laughed in response.

"What did he say about it?"

"He said you're still a houseman."

I nodded. I thought so. Dad seems to want me to go through all my postings first and decide later, not promoting me to settle on anything yet. He doesn't want me to rush.

I don't know if this is considered rushing, but I remember being inclined towards Surgical-based since signing up for medical school. I remember being very much excited with Dr. Hussein and Dr. Shenoufy. I always keep Dr. Shenoufy's advice at the back of my mind as I made up my current working plan, that is

To become a specialist
To present papers at international level
To meet back my professors in Egypt especially Dr. Hussein and Dr. Shenoufy

Dr. Shen's advice was for me to pick a lifestyle first before I pick a career. As of yet, I am still undecided of what lifestyle to settle with, but at the pace I'm going, Surgery is where I'm heading to.

No comments:

Haru & Associates