Yesterday I felt annoyed and pestered when Dr. V told me to study properly for MRCS as response to my planning a study on PD. I felt forced to study. I know he was looking out for me but I was still annoyed at him. So I simply replied his five-lined messages with an "okay" (I initially wanted to reply with a "k" but that'd be a dead giveaway) and decided to not talk to him for two days at least.
Today while waiting for my ride home, I went to Anggerik to study from Dr. V's book. I stopped by the hospimart and bought lychee drink (lychee drink reminds me of Mr. Zaidi) as a peace offering to the HO who might be oncall at Anggerik. Went to Anggerik and guess who I met at the counter? Dr. V himself, studying from a BHT.
I greeted him like nothing happened. He was noticeably less chirpy than when he usually see me, so I know I was right when I thought he was stressed with study last night and some of it projected onto me.
"Hi Dr. V. I'm here to borrow your book before going home. You oncall?"
"Yeah."
"Here, peace offering." I put the lychee drink next to him.
"You're always coming here with gifts."
"Not gifts. Those are peace offerings." Because I am currently a Medical Department member and by right shouldn't hang out at Anggerik. Plus a silent apology for my brattiness last night although I didn't express it directly towards him.
After my dad called to announce his arrival, I stood up to return his book in his secret drawer.
"You can take the book home with you," he said. I grinned and was going to reply a smartass comment about trying my best not to leave a trail of drool over his book but I thought better of it.
"Thanks Dr. V. I'll keep it safe."

No comments:
Post a Comment