Punched in, straight away did AM review for our two patients in Anggerik, one in Bendahara and last one in Wad 30. Asked Dr. Aizat when he's coming for round.
8.30 he messaged back. Okay I said. He asked me if I'm the only one working today. I said yes. He said untung laaa.
Kenapa untung? I asked. Nak belanja makan kee hahah
Selepas round kita breakfast.
Yeaaaa.
Came another message from Dr. Vicky inviting me to their OT starting at 0845. Excited by his offer but told him I would be joining them after I finished my Plastic work.
Suddenly Dr. Luqman called.
"Atiqah awak kerja harini?"
"Yep. Ada apa?"
"Nak ajak breakfast."
"Waah nak! But I'm waiting for Dr. Aizat to come round first."
"Biar la Aizat round sorang."
"Haha mane boleh." Selamba betul! "Dr. Aizat invited me for breakfast after round. Come join us."
"Saya nak breakfast sebelum round."
"Sorry I cannot make it."
"Okay."
"Enjoy yourself."
I was happy, haha. It feels like Allah is cheering me up after what He planned for me last night.
So after round we went for breakfast. Apparently we're both light eaters. Dr. Aizat told me of his journey to masterhood and I listened attentively. I told him my number one issue is that I have not yet settled with what lifestyle do I intend to live my whole life.
The nurse called me to inform of a new case arriving for tomorrow's OT so we went back to ward to review him. I stayed at Anggerik to fully clerk him, then went to Wad 28 to clerk one new admission. Alerted Dr. Aizat of the arrival as I clerked her. He said he'll arrive at 1130 and that Miss Shawal is coming for round at 1200 starting at Anggerik.
Round, branula for our patient, blood-taking, documenting T/O orders. I finished my job in Plastic at 1315. Dr. Aizat told me to go home. I replied with a great big grin. I did not tell him I'm going into OT with Dr. Vicky and Mr. Razin.
I picked out that Dr. Vicky is not many MOs' favourite and I've heard some secondary sources on why, but I don't really want to know. Guys have their own ways of befriending each other. Twice Dr. Aizat had to call Dr. Vicky to refer cases and twice he complained "ala malasnya aku nak cakap dengan dia" but when he called for referring he did so professionally. And I've sat next to Dr. Vicky as he questioned "why is Aizat getting emotional over a retractile testis?"
When I showed up at OT, they were waiting for the last case already, haha. Mr. Razin saw me and he grinned obviously amused.
"Atiqah awak dari mana?"
"Saya dari Plastic. Baru siap kerja."
"Awak oncall?" It was close to 1330, AM shift could have gone back at 1200.
"Tak saya AM," I grinned back, anticipating where this was heading.
"Atiqah awak takde rumah ke?"
Dr. Vicky and I doubled over laughing. "Mr. Raziiiin."
Dr. Vicky said they have a term for people like us. "CRH, chronic retention houseman. Always at the hospital, never going home."

No comments:
Post a Comment