Last Monday there was a mass circumcision program at our hospital. One patient had bleeding post op so I stood beside him compressing the bleeder. Patient was crying and inconsolable. One male came and jokingly said to the patient
"Dik kitorang buang batu adik tadi. Tengok tu sebelah takde."
I automatically yelled at him. "Woi patient tengah distress kau scare dia lagi pehal, ape masalah kau!"
He grinned sheepishly and went away from me. Belatedly I realised he must have been an MO from other department or district. Ahh whatever, you're distressing the patient, I'll yell even if you're the specialist.
I told this to my family over dinner and my dad who had been listening with a small smile turned to my mom and said "Garang anak you ni."
"Kalau orang yang kenal papa, Ika cakap terus "tapi perangai saya ikut mak saya"."
Mom yelled at me bwahaha. Dad gave me double thumbs up with a very amused face.

No comments:
Post a Comment