بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Hello there old friend!

They had been going on about Dr. V but referring to him as "Abe Ki Tiqah." It got on my nerve at one point.

"Why are you referring to him as Abe Ki?"

"Because he's your favourite MO," Dr. Luqman stated as a fact.

"He's not my number one favourite," I snorted. I like Dr. Vicky and he is one of my favourites. On a more playful occasion I would reply that he is my favourite MO or be truthful that Nash is my most favourite MO, but he sounded almost as if he was sulking. I smirked. "You're not jealous are you?"

"Say that one more time," he semi turned in his seat.

"I will only repeat myself if you admit you're an old man (I was most inclined to say "old fart" instead) with difficulty in hearing."

He didn't reply. I felt a tiny bit of satisfaction at winning before I realised the fun stops when the bantering stops... Huh.

There was one time when he couldn't reply. He went on and on about me being "a burden" during our cycling, that he had to go slow because of me and whatsit. Then he asked if I could go farther with him next time.

"Sure," I replied confidently.

"Sure you won't be a burden?"

"Of course. I'm only 25. I don't smoke."

"..."

"Wow," Pofin interjected. "Speechless Luqman."

"Aku tengah tunggu dia habis cakap baru nak reply. Dah habis dah Tiqs?"

I laughed.

---

Last night he asked when am I next oncall, and pointed out we couldn't chat at Mr. Z's because the Paed Team was in a hurry. I told him I'll be next call on Wednesday.

"I oncall Rabu jugak. We chill nanti."

Hahaha that really cheered me up. I replied with party-hat/balloon/party-crackers emoticon. Then I belatedly realise I must be sorely lacking attention that I was cheered by an empty promise of hanging out. I really miss Umair and Kak Jun.

I need to go out more.

No comments:

Haru & Associates