بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Between being related and being brothers

Scrolling through Twitter cleaning up rubbish tweets, I came upon Dr. Du Maurier quote in Hannibal.

"The traumatised are unpredictable because we know we can survive."

I got through the fire episode with the help of support from people. I remember going to evening class Day 1 after fire and got a call from Malaysia. It was Eh*ad our senior from Gen06 asking how we were holding up. I'm not sure if I really told him how appreciative I was back then, but please know that I am.

The day before I was going back to Malaysia for a month during the study leave, I had baked cookies to give away to several people and the last on my list was B*pis. That night after our nightly clerking at the hospital, I asked Rahim and Amirul to chaperone me to meet B*pis to pass him the cookies.

Rahim being true to himself started to tease me about it (I remain amazed how this prankster actually got voted as president of our student organisation) and I defended myself by telling them "D*nmat is like my abang long, he has been looking out for me since first year."

"Which senior doesn't look out for you?" He pointed out. 

Rahim exaggerated of course, but I know I'm always being looked out for and I am very grateful for it. They taught me a lot, layan-ed me when I go into mohon-dilempang mode, go outside their comfort zone for me, allow me the privilege of buzzing them whenever I need anything. But of course I tolerated more of their craziness, their ordering around and bullying-attempts... just kidding.

To all kakaks and abangs including the Gen06 and Gen007 bros I never call abang and special mention to BPP crews, thank you very much and God bless you all wherever you guys are now.

1 comment:

MFR said...

Haha can't believe that I know the new URL. Ramadhan kareem Allahu akram!

Haru & Associates