I've never been into meeting people, especially now. They will ask the same questions I dread.
First; When am I going to start working?
(A) God knows
(B) Whenever SPA decides to send out our job offer letter
(C) "After the Eid inshaAllah."
(B) Whenever SPA decides to send out our job offer letter
(C) "After the Eid inshaAllah."
Of course I smile and politely answer (C). I am content when people follow up with "Enjoy your break" because it really is a break instead of acknowledging my silent frustration. It's not worth bringing up and I don't need that.
Second; When am I getting married?
(A) "Not now."
(B) "Tomorrow." (Read: bukrah baa, bukrah!)
(A) "Not now."
(B) "Tomorrow." (Read: bukrah baa, bukrah!)
I usually grin out an (A). Wise people will change the subject but persistent people will have me dishing out (B) in pure fashion of an Egyptian.
Worst is when people ask about calon. They ask this question out of curiosity or worse... This happens when I meet my peers and/or their parents, which will quickly send me into selective deafness mode because I have this irrational fear of being set up with any mortals.

1 comment:
Tough days do not last forever. Enjoy your break. Find more hobbies. And you might want to check productivemuslim.com. I think they talk about regulating sleep, Ramadhan and stuff. Happy weekends to you =)
Post a Comment