بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Natural progress of time

Mom has grey hair. It's a physiological normal turn of event. She is not happy about it.

"If I'm grey and with grandchildren, I wouldn't mind," she complained. I laughed painfully.

The other day we went to a friend's house party and mom and dad were smitten with their 5-month old. Dad kept asking for the baby and cooed at him. It was so cute and sweet I couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

"When are we going to have our own baby?" I asked mom.

"We have to wait for yours," she laughed.

I barked out a laugh. Bro is the married one but he married a doctor and we all know how that goes. It still amuses me how she would have more faith in me though. At this rate I'm going, I am very sure I'll die first before I get married.

Anyway, it's not like I don't want to get married. I've planned what flower bouquet I'm holding at my wedding and the colour palette of the event. To assure my parents on my seriousness on this matter, I decided to enlighten them.

"I've already a name for my firstborn."

Dad nearly choke on his dessert from laughing. "Have the husband's name first, not the child's."

Oh I even have that already, dad. In fact I am seeing him every weekday around 1am.

No comments:

Haru & Associates