بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Teach me dad

Dad told us his contract ended sometime this month and the only thing left to confirm extending it for another two is his signature.

"So why haven't you signed yet," I asked.

"I haven't decided to extend it or not," he replied.

If he doesn't, it means he will live his life as a proper retiree (proper because ). With mom still working, I imagine dad will be at home alone and be dead bored within one month. Dad signed for compulsory retirement four years ago but is currently working on a contract basis with the government. Because the people still need his expertise and he will be so bored without his practise.

But if he does retire.. what about me? I just started working, he couldn't retire for real now. I took up medicine because I want to study from him. I applied for the same hospital where he works so that I can run to him and have him for company whenever I have random breaks. It would be fun to run into him at random.

After Maghrib prayer I asked him if he really plan to retire for real. Before he could answer, I grinned my I-want-something-from-you grin and continued, please continue for just another two years. You can retire after I finish my HO.

No comments:

Haru & Associates