Tetiba tengah round, MO sebelah berpaling kepala dan tanya "Mana spek?"
"Ada kat bawah." Tinggal dekat rumah sebenarnya. Entah kenapa tertipu, compulsive liar betul.
"Nampak tak?"
"Nampaaaak." I grinned.
---
Reviewing cases with MOs. HO sebelum ni tulis dalam BHT "Seen by Dr. X dan Dr. Y" so I hurriedly wrote the same heading diikuti dengan details patient.
Tetiba Nash di sebelah kata "tulislah nama saya etek, kecik hati saya."
Cute. I snorted at my thought and wrote his real name. I didn't mean to offend him, I'm a tagger, first posting pulak tu, you do what other people do unless you know what is the right thing to do. I remember he has been a good mentor to me PERU*ATAN bureaucracy wise but I didn't remember he was this cute before.
"Sini takde orang panggil Nash ye?" I continued with the BHT.
"Sini panggil Nasrullah.. Kadang-kadang Nas, Nasrul."
"Oh bukan Nasri?" I jested.
He said I can call him whatever I want.
"Panggil Nash je la," I said. Or Nasri. But it might be confusing. And then I realised he deserved more credit to his name. I only call him Nash upfront or when I refer him to our university batchmates. When I refer to him in front of everyone else especially the superiors, I call him by his proper name and title.
Nasri kata saya lukis abdomen "tak comel". Dia pun tolong lukiskan. Haha.. Okey lepas ni saya lukis secomel itu. And masa Akram present berterabur kitorang berdua berdiri macam dua orang yang sikit lagi nak pecah perut lucu slash takpuashati apehal mamat ni memalukan Egypt. Hahaha.
Asobiyah BPP!
Updated Friday 18th September
Hari Selasa was officially my second day on duty tapi semalamnya cuma kerja 6.45pm sampai 11pm je. Pagi itu tak sempat greet Nash properly pun selain daripada "Hai Nash" masa first lalu sebelah dia during Mortality Audit. Nash then had a pleasantly surprised reaction.
Hari Selasa adalah Grand Round Green dan masa tu separa serabut separa fokus cuba nak catch up dengan sistem Malaysia. Berjalan keluar dari wad menuju wad yang lain, tiba-tiba Nash di depan berkata "Atiqah senyum sikit."
I automatically lit up. "Okay!"
And truthfully, I survived the next two weeks of awkward adaptation process by holding on to those words. Rasa serabut walau sedikit pun, saya terus sengih. Smiling (or grinning) has an immediate calming effect.
So Nash, if you ever come across this, know that I really appreciate what you said. And with this, I promise to be a good helpful friend to anyone who might need one.
And this has got me singing "you're my sunshine after the rain~" lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment