بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow

It snowed today in Egypt.

But because the cold weather is known to induce bronchospasm in me, I decided to stay in my room and study, regardless today was the Family Day of PERUBATAN Cawangan Kaherah.

Suddenly, a drop of water noisily splashed onto the carpet. I stared at it and blinked. Another drop came down and I blinked again in denial. Third drop was even noisier and I let out an exasperated scream.

Kak Milah rushed out of the room to get a bucket and came to my rescue. She went around the house looking for leaking spots on the ceiling and fortunately there was none. I was the only misfortuned Ayyashian aboard.

I glared at the leaking ceiling and snuggled back under my cover, continuing my study.

Suddenly, a drop of water splashed on my head. I looked up and there was another leaking point exactly on my head. I screamed bloody murder as another drop fell down and pulled the cover over Kevin, my pillows and books.

Another bucket was placed on my bed, over the cover. Kak Milah and I stared at the bed. Where am I going to study now? It's cold and I need my cover.

"Three months... Three months and you guys will go back for good, and I'm out here." I muttered.

She laughed awkwardly.

We discussed whether to move the bed temporarily to the middle of the room or place it parallel to the other wall away from the leaking ceiling. The second option will need the study table aka the bookshelf to be moved as well, thus a total rearrangement of my side of the room.

It was tedious. "Books too heavy."

"We'll do it together."

Kak Milah has her Surgery second paper the day after tomorrow and here she was, staring along at my stuffs. I felt bad. I approached my bed to take my book underneath the cover and noticed water splash all over the cover. Pieces of ceiling paint were also splattered on the cover.

It was bad.

We moved the bed as per first option. But then with the bed in the middle of the room, it was messy and annoying, God!

"I'll think of something less tedious while I clean up later."

No comments:

Haru & Associates