بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ربنا يستر

Kak Milah said their Surgery paper today asked Anatomy questions like something-fistula (no not AV fistula) and anterior rectal fascia and whatsit. Their doctor comforted them pre-exam that the questions would be crystal clear but they didn't expect such crystal clear questions were of minor topics.

"We expected Anatomy questions would be like hernia.."

"Or neck, thyroid."

"Yeah."

So Ijud advised us to study minor topics well and #crystalclear had become a running gag.

It's cold today and the weather forecast warned of showers so I put on my usual winter coat this morning. But I didn't expect it to be that cold. The weather sure is bipolar around here.

There was an anti-coup demonstration on campus today but apparently I missed out because I was still at the hospital at that time auscultating a 41 years old female with double mitral, aortic stenosis and tricuspid regurge.

Dr. Abeer said the patient has small volume pulse so I checked her pulse and compared it with mine. It was similar. Damn.

"Does this mean I have small volume pulse as well?"

I had palpitation at rest a few days ago and with this revelation, I felt like going down to the ER and hook myself to an ECG machine.

And in Al-Azhar University, the military continued to violently dehumanize the students in particular and us human in general. There is an illusion of peace in this country with targeted and localized dehumanisation and if you stop caring, you will forever be a fool.

Our midround Internal Medicine exam was announced to be next Monday at 8am. Which is brilliant because we have Tropical Medicine endround exam at 12pm. On top of that, my group was scheduled to present our seminar on Fever of Unknown Origin at 9am same day but I couldn't confirm with the doctor whether it is still on or postponed (though logic dictates it is postponed but you never know, we do have Murphy's Law). We were scheduled to compile our work tomorrow.

Because it's cold, I am planning to skip out on our hospital session tonight. It's either that or be dependent on turbohaler.

To balance this post, an Arab colleague of Ijud commented on his status that the only good thing that happened to him today was when Dr. Hussein Khairy passed in front of him in the exam hall.

Now that is a sight for any sore eye.

No comments:

Haru & Associates