بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rambo in Pathology

The fun lies in what happened today at Dr. Ehab's tuition, when we had our second section where we saw five slides of liver.

"If you move your slides haphazardly, you will be Lost. Season 5."

Lost starring Missy the cat.


I laughed and Dr. Ehab continued rather sheepishly.

"Actually there is season 9 but they found nothing. I prefer Desperate Housewives."

Thus I relaxed myself to a class of cultural referances, crossed my legs and happily took notes of everything. It's like living a Hey Soul Sister or Hollywood. And I am sure the average living colleagues of mine will be Lost to what this post is about :) thus the declining number of people with faith in my sensibility.

"In jars, there is hallucination you can adapt to. In slides, it is the art of reality."

I seriously love that part; it summarized the difficulty I had in translating the jars we had in the Pathology museum without the help and guidance the lecturers and the book.

Like seriously. If you have no basic on the theoretical part of a pathological description, there is no way you can describe the jars. Thus the hallucination because you know what is there immersed in formalin, but it's not really that visually palpable.

Also today we had section of a hepatocellular carcinoma (which some lecturers might prefer to as hepatoma) and Dr. Ehab gave us the common description of a cancerous tissue. He gave us the analogy of American troops invading Afghanistan and Iraq and we might easily distinguish the invaders through their large number moving in masses wearing identical fatigues and also by their language.

"There is no invasion by a single cell, unless it's Rambo or whatever."

John Rambo.

And at the end of class, Syaimaa' said, "-unless it's Rambo or Atiqah Hanifah."

I think she overrated me; I am an innocent cell with no anaplastic features whatsoever.

No comments:

Haru & Associates