When I get less than two hours sleep, I get really pissed off. Yesterday morning I had such a misfortune and when mom came to wake me up, I rudely threw her out with as much anger a sleep-deprived person mumbling "go away" could muster. She was understanding of my inhumane nature and went out. Sorry mom, thank you.
I dragged myself out after five minutes and plopped myself into my seat. Morning person dad chatted us up as usual but I couldn't take it. It was quarter pass five in the morning, for God sake. After a few minutes of enduring and mentally screaming at him to be quiet, I interjected him asking Maru a question with an exasperated "it's too early".
"What's too early?" He asked back. Explaining myself would probably see me throwing my cup to the wall so I closed my eyes and pretended I was back in bed.
Mom turned to the silent me and asked "What time did you sleep last night?"
I'll give her credit for picking up cues better than dad. But like I would ever answer that. They would offer unhelpful suggestions and I would just get more pissed off.

No comments:
Post a Comment