بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Five hours

Clinically I was good for blood donating. Before she let me off towards the bed the nice medical officer asked me one last question pertaining to my health status.

"Did you get enough at least 5 hours sleep last night?"

I laughed. She glanced at me questioningly. I nodded, still laughing.

"Yes, I did."

I didn't lie. 3-5am and 7-10am do sum up to five hours.

When I told Fadzlin about it, she questioned about my blood pressure. 121/71 I recalled that number jotted on my form. I asked her the significance.

"Whenever I didn't get enough sleep, I end up hypotensive. How did you do it?"

"I'm chronic. I guess my body learned to live."

---

"Jange tiyok deh."

"Huh?" I heard the nurse said something but I wasn't paying attention to her when another nurse was cuffing my arm.

"Jange nangih," Fadzlin offered.

"Haa. Jange nangih deh. Dia ni ore luar."

"Ooh tak." So they thought I didn't understand. "Lagipun saya bukan Orang Luar."

"IC Kelantan ke? Mak ayah orang luar?"

"Tak dan tak. Kitorang dah.. 23 tahun tinggal kat Kelantan ni. Sekolah semua sini."

"Tapi takde bunyi Kelantan pun," the nurse sounded amused.

"Sebab saya ni degil." I laughed.

No comments:

Haru & Associates